[ANN] kramdown 0.2.0 - definition list syntax and better HTML parser
## About kramdown
kramdown is a *free* GPL-licensed [Ruby](http://www.ruby-lang.org)
library for parsing a superset of Markdown. It is completely
written in Ruby, supports standard Markdown (with some minor
modifications) and various extensions that have been made popular by
the PHP Markdown Extra package and Maruku.
Homepage for installation instructions and documentation:
## kramdown 0.2.0 released
The most important changes in this release are the inclusion of a
definition list syntax and the much improved HTML parser. For example,
the HTML parser now recognizes the `markdown` attribute for enabling
and disabling syntax processing in an HTML element and it works in many
The kramdown syntax is still a bit in in a state of flux but all of the
major syntax elements (except a syntax for tables) are now available.
The following releases will focus on stability and fixing bugs.
kramdown now also passes 16 from the 23 original Markdown test cases
and if one looks at the ones that fail one can easily see that this is
because of the small changes in the syntax (e.g. converting `---` to
`&mdash`). This means that almost all Markdown documents show be
correctly parsed by kramdown!
Last but not least I want to thank Eric Sunshine for his many helpful
comments, suggestions and bug reports!
* Major changes:
- Definition lists are now supported
- Option `:auto_ids` now defaults to `true`
- kramdown syntax (except HTML block lines) is not processed anymore
by default in HTML block tags
- Added option for enabling/disabling parsing of HTML blocks/spans
- Added recognition and usage of the "markdown" attribute for HTML
- Renamed extensions `kdoptions` to `options` and `nokramdown` to
`nomarkdown` (suggested by Eric Sunshine)
- Added support for setting header IDs via the syntax available in
PHP Markdown Extra and Maruku
* Bug fixes:
- Fixed bug that occured when using `:auto_ids=true` and an IAL for
assigning an ID to a header
- Fixed bug with parsing of autolinks (reported by Eric Sunshine)
- Fixed many bugs regarding HTML parsing -- HTML parsing should work
much better now (reported by Eric Sunshine)
- Fixed bug with parsing of horizontal rules which contain tabs
* Deprecation notes:
- The old extension names `kdoptions` and `nokramdown` will be
removed in one of the next versions, use the new names `options`
|All times are GMT. The time now is 10:45 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin®. Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.