Velocity Reviews

-   -   Newsgroup quirk? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t8602-newsgroup-quirk.html)

URAQT2 02-29-2004 10:15 PM

Newsgroup quirk?

I have a newsgroup quirk that only occurs on one of the newsgroups that
I subscribe to.

I have them all set to show only unread postings. That means that when I
come into Thunderbird it shows which ones have new postings and how many
there are. That is except for one. In alt.support.skin-disease.psoriasis
it always shows a number of unread postings until I go into the group.
Then most or all of them disappear. That is, the only ones that stay are
the ones that actually have been posted since I checked it the last
time. I don't have anyone in the ng in my killfile, so it isn't
something like that.

Does anyone have any thoughts about it?

Thanks.
--
Chuck
-τΏτ-

dantu 03-01-2004 09:10 PM

Re: Newsgroup quirk?

URAQT2 wrote:

> I have a newsgroup quirk that only occurs on one of the newsgroups
> that I subscribe to.
>
> I have them all set to show only unread postings. That means that when
> I come into Thunderbird it shows which ones have new postings and how
> many there are. That is except for one. In
> alt.support.skin-disease.psoriasis it always shows a number of unread
> postings until I go into the group. Then most or all of them
> disappear. That is, the only ones that stay are the ones that actually
> have been posted since I checked it the last time. I don't have anyone
> in the ng in my killfile, so it isn't something like that.
>
> Does anyone have any thoughts about it?
>
> Thanks.

URAQT2

Delete the .msf file for the newsgroup in question.

ie. just the .msf file not the file of that name