Velocity Reviews

-   -   [ANN] ri_cal 0.8.2 Released (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t859520-ann-ri_cal-0-8-2-released.html)

Rick DeNatale 09-11-2009 02:55 PM

[ANN] ri_cal 0.8.2 Released

NOTE: This version was released on github some days ago. I'd held
off releasing it on RubyForge because right now the gitosis server on
RubyForge is broken. I was waiting for TC to fix it because I didn't
want the source repo there to be out of sync with the released gem,
but someone reported a bug which had already been fixed so I decided
it would be better to refresh the gem on RubyForge.

For the time being the latest source is on github, but RF is behind.

That said:

ri_cal version 0.8.2 has been released!

* <http://ri-cal.rubyforge.org/>
* <by Rick DeNatale>

A new Ruby implementation of RFC2445 iCalendar.

The existing Ruby iCalendar libraries (e.g. icalendar, vpim) provide
for parsing and generating icalendar files,
but do not support important things like enumerating occurrences of
repeating events.

This is a clean-slate implementation of RFC2445.

A Google group for discussion of this library has been set up
http://groups.google.com/group/rical_gem

Changes:

### 0.8.2 - 4 September 2009
Fixes http://rick_denatale.lighthouseapp.c...941/tickets/23
initialization_methodsrb-syntax
Fixes http://rick_denatale.lighthouseapp.c...941/tickets/24
need-to-handle-empty-property-values
### 0.8.1 - 18 August 2009
Fixes http://rick_denatale.lighthouseapp.c...941/tickets/21
exception-when-count-option-used-to-enumerate-non-recurring-event
### 0.8.0 - 11 August 2009

Minor Version Bump - There is a small potentially breaking change
see section on treatment of X-properties below

--
Rick DeNatale

WWR: http://www.workingwithrails.com/pers...-rick-denatale