Velocity Reviews

-   -   Moving Mozilla files from old hard drive to new hard drive (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t8581-moving-mozilla-files-from-old-hard-drive-to-new-hard-drive.html)

Nate 02-21-2004 08:13 PM

Moving Mozilla files from old hard drive to new hard drive

I just installed a new hard drive and installed a clean version of
Windows XP on it. I installed a new copy of Mozilla 1.6 on the new
drive and I want to migrate all of my old emails, favorites,
addresses, etc. from my old version of Mozilla 1.3 currently residing
on my old hard drive (now a slave drive).

Mozilla 1.6 has a wizard to allow you to import email data from
Outlook or Eudora, but nothing to help import from Mozilla 1.3. How
do I get all of my old saved emails on my old Mozilla 1.3. I can't
even find the data folder.

Ed Mullen 02-21-2004 09:09 PM

Re: Moving Mozilla files from old hard drive to new hard drive

Nate wrote:
> I just installed a new hard drive and installed a clean version of
> Windows XP on it. I installed a new copy of Mozilla 1.6 on the new
> drive and I want to migrate all of my old emails, favorites,
> addresses, etc. from my old version of Mozilla 1.3 currently residing
> on my old hard drive (now a slave drive).
>
> Mozilla 1.6 has a wizard to allow you to import email data from
> Outlook or Eudora, but nothing to help import from Mozilla 1.3. How
> do I get all of my old saved emails on my old Mozilla 1.3. I can't
> even find the data folder.

A couple links that should help:

http://www.holgermetzger.de/pdl.html
http://www.mozilla.org/start/1.5/faq...html#transport