Velocity Reviews

-   -   .NET C# service error 1053, service could not start in timely fash (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t85795-net-c-service-error-1053-service-could-not-start-in-timely-fash.html)

=?Utf-8?B?M2Ry?= 08-31-2004 06:21 AM

.NET C# service error 1053, service could not start in timely fash

I am developing a service which I install and run on a number of servers. It
works on most machines I have installed it on, but I always get a 1053,
service will not start in a timely fashion message on one server.

I have reduced the code to almost nothing so as to remove almost all the
proper code.

My main function looks like this

static void Main()
{
System.ServiceProcess.ServiceBase[] ServicesToRun;
ServicesToRun = new System.ServiceProcess.ServiceBase[] { new
TigerPrintService() };
System.ServiceProcess.ServiceBase.Run(ServicesToRu n);
}

My OnStart() is blank at the moment.

My TigerPrintService() constructor is currently empty also.

I can install the service but when I go to the service manager to start it I
get the 1053 error.

And since my OnStart() method is now empty I am at a loss as to what might
be causing this problem. As it seems to me it cannot be to do with
permisions.

By the way when I install the service I am currently doing so using the
local system login.

Many thanks for any thoughts or suggestions as to what might be causing this
problem.

--
Many thanks
Derek

derek@3dresourcing.com.au

Raghavendra T V 08-31-2004 07:02 AM

Re: .NET C# service error 1053, service could not start in timely fash

Hi,

check this thread.

http://groups.google.co.in/groups?hl...ublic.dotnet.*

Thanks
Raghavendra

Steven Cheng[MSFT] 09-07-2004 09:50 AM

Re: .NET C# service error 1053, service could not start in timely fash

Hi Raghavendra,

Any progress on this issue or have you resolved it? If you have any other
problems, please feel free to post here or in the C# or other service
related newsgroups. Thanks.

Regards,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support