Velocity Reviews

-   -   ask bout net-ping (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t856701-ask-bout-net-ping.html)

Junior Junior wangsa 04-02-2009 01:40 AM

ask bout net-ping

hi,

can anybody help me?
i wanna create a RoR monitoring application for my project.
i have a database with table named nodes
in that nodes i have id and ipadd.

here's my code:
#nodes_controller.rb

require 'net/ping'
include Net

class NodesController < ApplicationController
def index
@nodes = Node.find(:all)

@arr_stat = Array.new
i = 0
for node in @nodes do

stat = PingExternal.new(node.ipadd)

@arr_stat[i]['ipadd'] = node.ipadd
if stat
@arr_stat[i]['status'] = 'online';
puts "online"
else
@arr_stat[i]['status'] = 'offline';
puts "offline"
end
end

respond_to do |format|
format.html { render :html => @arr_stat }# index.html.erb
format.xml { render :xml => @nodes }
end
end
##########################

why when i run the code it always says:

You might have expected an instance of ActiveRecord::Base.
The error occurred while evaluating nil.[]=

please help me solved this.

David Masover 04-02-2009 03:30 AM

Re: ask bout net-ping

On Wednesday 01 April 2009 20:40:12 Junior Junior wangsa wrote:

> @arr_stat[i]['ipadd'] = node.ipadd

[...]
> why when i run the code it always says:

> You might have expected an instance of ActiveRecord::Base.
> The error occurred while evaluating nil.[]=

I'm guessing @arr_stat[i] is nil at some point.

Also, for future reference, Rails raises that particular error quite often.
Pasting that would be like pasting "segmentation fault" to a C development
group. I'm sure the error included more information than that.

But you may want to take this to the Rails group.

Junior Junior wangsa 04-02-2009 04:25 AM

Re: ask bout net-ping

ups..
i post wrong place.. sorry