Velocity Reviews

-   -   mozilla 1.4 + jre1.4.2 (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t8565-mozilla-1-4-jre1-4-2-a.html)

Jerry Wong 02-15-2004 07:37 AM

mozilla 1.4 + jre1.4.2

I have installed Jre1.4.2 (java running envirnment) in mozilla 1.4.
I find the browser load web pages slowly and even no response. After I
disable the java in mozilla. Those pages loads fine.

e.g. webpages are www.mpinews.com
www.singtao.com

Any ideas?

Jerry

eveversion4 02-15-2004 08:04 AM

Re: mozilla 1.4 + jre1.4.2

Jerry Wong wrote:
> I have installed Jre1.4.2 (java running envirnment) in mozilla 1.4.
> I find the browser load web pages slowly and even no response. After I
> disable the java in mozilla. Those pages loads fine.
>
> e.g. webpages are www.mpinews.com
> www.singtao.com
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Jerry

My advice: Upgrade to Mozilla 1.5. I had problems similiar to what your
describing with 1.4. I actually gave up on Mozilla for a while because
of 1.4. I just remember it as being very buggy, at least in my
experience. When I did install 1.5, I made sure I had the newest version
of JRE from Sun also.

I know that 1.6 is out now but I haven't gotten around to installing it
yet so I don't know what effects it might have.

Those pages load just fine for me.

Hope that helps.

eve

Please remove dontsendmecrap to contact me.

eveversion4

Ed Mullen 02-15-2004 09:54 PM

Re: mozilla 1.4 + jre1.4.2

Jerry Wong wrote:
> I have installed Jre1.4.2 (java running envirnment) in mozilla 1.4.
> I find the browser load web pages slowly and even no response. After I
> disable the java in mozilla. Those pages loads fine.
>
> e.g. webpages are www.mpinews.com
> www.singtao.com
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Jerry

Using Mozilla 1.6 and the pages load in less than ten seconds using
cable modem.

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net