Velocity Reviews

-   -   How to pop up a Download Window (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t855428-how-to-pop-up-a-download-window.html)

Kumar Saurav 01-25-2009 11:59 AM

How to pop up a Download Window

Hi all ,
I have to show window as like you got on click of save(or by pressing of
ctrl+s), which exact function like the crtl+s press.
Please let me know if anyone having any idea regarding this.
It would be great help for me.

Thanks In Advance.

Brian Candler 01-25-2009 03:24 PM

Re: How to pop up a Download Window

Kumar Saurav wrote:
> Hi all ,
> I have to show window as like you got on click of save(or by pressing of
> ctrl+s), which exact function like the crtl+s press.
> Please let me know if anyone having any idea regarding this.
> It would be great help for me.

This is not a Ruby question, but it's something I was trying to do
recently too.

Google for "javascript save as". From what I found, it can only be done
in IE.

Richard Conroy 01-27-2009 03:08 PM

On Sun, Jan 25, 2009 at 3:24 PM, Brian Candler <b.candler@pobox.com> wrote:
> Kumar Saurav wrote:
>> Hi all ,
>> I have to show window as like you got on click of save(or by pressing of
>> ctrl+s), which exact function like the crtl+s press.
>> Please let me know if anyone having any idea regarding this.
>> It would be great help for me.

> This is not a Ruby question, but it's something I was trying to do
> recently too.
>
> Google for "javascript save as". From what I found, it can only be done
> in IE.

This is a problem I faced recently enough. The proper solution is to set
the appropriate HTTP header. I don't have the reference handy, but it works
for every browser.

The easiest way might be to look at HTTP traffic while doing the download.

regards,
Richard