Velocity Reviews

-   -   need your help orviews for distributed programming with ruby (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t852507-need-your-help-orviews-for-distributed-programming-with-ruby.html)

Saurabh Purnaye 08-26-2008 05:27 AM

need your help orviews for distributed programming with ruby

hi all,
greetings,
I have came across a situation where I want to send sms (Text
Messages) and mails at a time to thousand's/lac's of users. The text may
be a security or traffic alerts so its needed that this should be sent
at a time so that the users may be able to receive them and make some
actions on it.
The process I am following is to fetch 100 records and send them
sequentially, to fetch record, communicate with sms gateway, get
delivery report and save the sms status as sent in database takes near
about a second.
I want to make this process as fast as to send the sms /mails at
time thr the distributed programming, COULD YOU PLEASE HELP ME BY
REPLYING WITH YOUR VIEWS OR IDEAS OR IF YOU HAVE CODED SAME, THEN
SHARING SOME OF THE CODE FOR ME?
Thanks In Advance
Saurabh Purnaye

Gregory Brown 08-26-2008 05:36 AM

Re: need your help orviews for distributed programming with ruby

http://plzsendmethecode.blogspot.com/

--
Technical Blaag at: http://blog.majesticseacreature.com | Non-tech
stuff at: http://metametta.blogspot.com

Joel VanderWerf 08-26-2008 05:53 AM

Gregory Brown wrote:
> http://plzsendmethecode.blogspot.com/

Iím trying to make a peanut butter sandwich. Please post a diagram of
where the bread goes. Thanks

(Sorry, couldn't resist quoting from that blog. Kthxbye.)

James Britt 08-26-2008 07:14 AM

Gregory Brown wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 1:27 AM, Saurabh Purnaye
> <saurabh.purnaye@clariontechnologies.co.in> wrote:
>
>> I want to make this process as fast as to send the sms /mails at
>> time thr the distributed programming, COULD YOU PLEASE HELP ME BY
>> REPLYING WITH YOUR VIEWS OR IDEAS OR IF YOU HAVE CODED SAME, THEN
>> SHARING SOME OF THE CODE FOR ME?

> http://plzsendmethecode.blogspot.com/

Wow.

Thanks, that's golden.