Velocity Reviews

-   -   uninitialized constant Date ? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t852054-uninitialized-constant-date.html)

Bill Walton 08-06-2008 03:26 PM

uninitialized constant Date ?

I've just set up a new Ubuntu 8.0.4 system and installed Ruby 1.8.6. =
I'm getting 'uninitialized constant Date' errors in irb when I try to do =
anything with the Date library. Time works fine. I've never had a =
problem like this and would appreciate any advice on how I might go =
about debugging / fixing it.

TIA,
Bill

Shadowfirebird 08-06-2008 03:34 PM

Re: uninitialized constant Date ?

I hate to ask a stupid question, but did you:

?

--
All you can do is try to know who your friends are as you head off to
the war / Pick a star on the dark horizon and follow the light

Bill Walton 08-06-2008 04:40 PM

Shadowfirebird wrote:

> I hate to ask a stupid question, but did you:
>
> >require 'date'

Crap. I hate to ask stupid questions too ;-)

Thanks,
Bill