[ANN] Radiant CMS 0.6.8 "Incise" Release
Looks like it's time for another release of Radiant:
Radiant 0.6.8 "Incise" adds a number of new features that enhance
extensions and completes the project's move to github. Of special note
* Extension installer/uninstaller scripts (script/extension) and a
'extension registry' at http://ext.radiantcms.org
* Support for freezing edge Radiant using 'git'
* Remember-me functionality for the admin UI
This should be a seamless upgrade for users of 0.6.7 and should require
minor adjustments for versions 0.6.5+.
WHAT IS RADIANT CMS?
Radiant is a no-fluff content management system made for designers and
programmers and is ideal for use on small teams. It is similar to
Movable Type or Textpattern, but is much more than a blogging engine.
* An elegant user interface
* The ability to arrange pages in a hierarchy
* Flexible templating with layouts, snippets, page parts, and a
custom tagging language (Radius: http://radius.rubyforge.org)
* A dynamic extension system
* A simple user management/permissions system
* Support for Markdown and Textile as well as traditional HTML
(it's easy to create other filters)
* Operates in two modes: dev and production depending on the URL
* A caching system which expires pages every 5 minutes
* Built using Ruby on Rails (which means that extending Radiant is
as easy as any other Rails application)
* Licensed under the MIT-License
* And much more...
There's even a live demo over on the project Web site:
WHAT'S NEW IN THIS RELEASE?
* Hide page publish date selector unless page.edit.published_date?
set. [Sean Cribbs]
* Add <r:yield /> tag to support snippets that accept blocks. [Andrew
* Fix bug with FileNotFoundPage subclasses and draft status. [cradle]
* Update radiant:freeze:edge task to support BRANCH, TAG, and REVISION.
* Update to Haml 2.0.1. [Jim Gay]
* Fix radiant:update:configs task to properly evaluate environment.rb
* Fix page subclass loading issues. [Sean Cribbs]
* Add <r:unless_ancestor_or_self> and <r:unless_self> tags. [Tim
* Add specific installation modes for gzip and bzip2 compression. [Sean
* Added extension installation scripts. [Sean Cribbs]
* Added find attr to r:if_content and r:unless_content to expand based
finding 'any' or 'all' specified parts [Jim Gay]
* Added inherit attr to r:if_content and r:unless_content to search for
independently in the page tree. [Jim Gay]
* Update radiant:freeze:edge task to use git and GitHub. [John Muhl]
* Update login page layout from prototype. [Sean Cribbs]
* Change order of extension paths to prefer project extensions over
* Switch default session store to cookies [Josh French]
* Add remember-me function to login [Josh French]
* Allow an inclusive list of parts in r:if_content and r:unless_content
* Added a defaults.page.filter config setting for setting a default page
filter. [Alex Wayne]
* Fix Users fixtures for extensions that still use test/unit. [Nick
* Don't search for missing Page subclasses before bootstrap. [Sean
* Added tolerance for missing Page class definitions. [Loren Johnson]
* Don't require an authenticity token check on the login action. [Sean
* Make sure region sets are reloaded when activating extensions in
mode. [Sean Cribbs]
* Fix Haml rendering errors. [Thomas Watson Steen]
We've worked hard to make it easy to install Radiant. For starters you
can download it with Ruby Gems:
% gem install radiant
Once the Radiant gem is installed you have access to the `radiant`
command. The `radiant` command is similar to the `rails` command (if you
are from the Rails world. It's how you generate a new Radiant project
for a website. So `cd` to the directory where you would like your
instance to be installed and type:
% radiant -d [mysql|postgres|sqlite3] .
Next, edit config/database.yml to taste. Then run the rake bootstrap
% rake production db:bootstrap
And start up the test server:
% script/server -e production
Finally, hit the /admin/ URL and you should be off to the races. See the
README file in the release for additional details.
If you are interested in other download options, visit the download
UPGRADING FROM 0.6.x
1. Update the Radiant gem:
% gem update radiant
2. Change the RADIANT_GEM_VERSION constant in config/environment.rb
3. Run the update rake task:
% rake radiant:update
4. Run migrations:
% rake db:migrate
5. Restart the server
UPGRADING FROM 0.5.x
The upgrade process changed significantly from last release, so listen
up! To upgrade an existing installation, BACKUP YOUR DATABASE, update
the gem, and create a new Radiant project using the instructions above.
Then point Radiant to the right database by editing config/database.yml
and execute the following command in your project directory:
% rake db:migrate
If you have problems during the upgrade, please let us know.
Radiant wouldn't be possible without the help of some fine people. The
following people have made contributions to this release:
Andrew Neil cradle Tim Gossett
John Muhl Josh French Jim Gay
Alex Wayne Nick Plante Loren Johnson
Sean Cribbs Thomas Watson Steen
Thanks guys! If you'd like to hop on the development band wagon head on
over to our dev site (http://dev.radiantcms.org/).
The best place to get support is definitely on the Radiant mailing list.
There's a crowd of people there who have been hanging around for many
moons now. Newbie questions are welcome! To sign up, go to:
The Radiant mailing list is also accessible via Ruby forum:
for the Radiant CMS Dev Team
Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/.
|All times are GMT. The time now is 10:45 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin®. Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.