Velocity Reviews

Velocity Reviews (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/index.php)
-   Ruby (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f66-ruby.html)
-   -   Problem creating war file with warbler (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t849180-problem-creating-war-file-with-warbler.html)

Thomas Kellerer 03-25-2008 04:02 PM

Problem creating war file with warbler
 
Hi,

we are trying to move from the (deprecated) goldspike rails plugin to the new warbler gem to create a war file from our RoR application, but I cannot get the war file to run.

Everything seems to be OK, all needed gems (especially ruby-net-ldap) are packaged in the right places.

Tomcat and the application startup fine, I can access my login screen.
Authentication is done agains a LDAP server but when my app tries to contact the LDAP server, it throws an error:

"no such file to load -- net/ldap"

but the gem is part of the war file and is located in the same place as all the other gems (rails, jdbc-adapter etc)

I'm using JRuby 1.1RC2 and warbler 0.9.4

I wouldn't be that confused if it failed to load /any/ gem, but it seems to be limited to the ldap gem as the rails gems and the activerecord-jdbc-adapter are loaded fine (and are working)

Any ideas? What am I missing here?

Any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance
Thomas

Dick Davies 03-25-2008 04:11 PM

Re: Problem creating war file with warbler
 
net/ldap is native code, so you can't run that on jruby yet.
My guess is you'd need to call out to JNDI if you wanted to talk to
LDAP on JRuby.

On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 4:04 PM, Thomas Kellerer
<YQDHXVLMUBXG@spammotel.com> wrote:

> "no such file to load -- net/ldap"


--
Rasputnik :: Jack of All Trades - Master of Nuns
http://number9.hellooperator.net/


Thomas Kellerer 03-25-2008 04:28 PM

Re: Problem creating war file with warbler
 
Dick Davies, 25.03.2008 17:11:
> net/ldap is native code, so you can't run that on jruby yet.
> My guess is you'd need to call out to JNDI if you wanted to talk to
> LDAP on JRuby.
>
> On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 4:04 PM, Thomas Kellerer
> <YQDHXVLMUBXG@spammotel.com> wrote:
>
>> "no such file to load -- net/ldap"

>

jruby-ldap-net is running fine from within NetBeans with JRuby 1.1 and it's running fine when beeing packed with the old goldspike plugin....

Thomas

Nick Sieger 03-25-2008 05:33 PM

Re: Problem creating war file with warbler
 
On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 11:30 AM, Thomas Kellerer
<YQDHXVLMUBXG@spammotel.com> wrote:
> Dick Davies, 25.03.2008 17:11:
>
> > net/ldap is native code, so you can't run that on jruby yet.
> > My guess is you'd need to call out to JNDI if you wanted to talk to
> > LDAP on JRuby.
> >
> > On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 4:04 PM, Thomas Kellerer
> > <YQDHXVLMUBXG@spammotel.com> wrote:
> >
> >> "no such file to load -- net/ldap"

> >

> jruby-ldap-net is running fine from within NetBeans with JRuby 1.1 and it's running fine when beeing packed with the old goldspike plugin....


Are you using jruby-ldap or ruby-net-ldap?
(http://ola-bini.blogspot.com/2007/10...jrubyldap.html)

There was a bug w/ gems that had native components that was fixed in
Warbler 0.9.4. Maybe you could try that.

/Nick


Thomas Kellerer 03-26-2008 07:28 AM

Re: Problem creating war file with warbler
 
Nick Sieger, 25.03.2008 18:33:
> On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 11:30 AM, Thomas Kellerer
> <YQDHXVLMUBXG@spammotel.com> wrote:
>> Dick Davies, 25.03.2008 17:11:
>>
>>> net/ldap is native code, so you can't run that on jruby yet.
>> > My guess is you'd need to call out to JNDI if you wanted to talk to
>> > LDAP on JRuby.
>> >
>> > On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 4:04 PM, Thomas Kellerer
>> > <YQDHXVLMUBXG@spammotel.com> wrote:
>> >
>> >> "no such file to load -- net/ldap"
>> >

>> jruby-ldap-net is running fine from within NetBeans with JRuby 1.1 and it's running fine when beeing packed with the old goldspike plugin....

>
> Are you using jruby-ldap or ruby-net-ldap?
> (http://ola-bini.blogspot.com/2007/10...jrubyldap.html)
>
> There was a bug w/ gems that had native components that was fixed in
> Warbler 0.9.4. Maybe you could try that.
>
> /Nick
>

Hi Nick, thanks for your answer.

Sorry for the confusion, I'm using ruby-net-ldap (no J involved here)

I tried Warbler 0.9.4 and Warbler 0.9.5 none of them worked.

Thomas


Thomas Kellerer 03-26-2008 09:26 AM

Re: Problem creating war file with warbler
 
Thomas Kellerer, 25.03.2008 17:02:
> Hi,
>
> we are trying to move from the (deprecated) goldspike rails plugin to
> the new warbler gem to create a war file from our RoR application, but I
> cannot get the war file to run.
>
> Everything seems to be OK, all needed gems (especially ruby-net-ldap)
> are packaged in the right places.
>
> Tomcat and the application startup fine, I can access my login screen.
> Authentication is done agains a LDAP server but when my app tries to
> contact the LDAP server, it throws an error:
>
> "no such file to load -- net/ldap"
>
> but the gem is part of the war file and is located in the same place as
> all the other gems (rails, jdbc-adapter etc)
>

Follow-up:

I found this piece of code on the JRuby Wiki pages to detect all needed gems:

BUILD_GEMS = %w(warbler rake rcov)
for gem in Gem.loaded_specs.values
next if BUILD_GEMS.include?(gem.name)
config.gems[gem.name] = gem.version.version
end

interesting enough this does not include ruby-net-ldap as well.

So what's so special about this gem?

(Btw: I have tried using jruby-ldap as well, but that broke our code)

Thomas

Thomas Kellerer 03-26-2008 03:09 PM

Re: Problem creating war file with warbler
 
Thomas Kellerer, 25.03.2008 17:02:
> we are trying to move from the (deprecated) goldspike rails plugin to
> the new warbler gem to create a war file from our RoR application, but I
> cannot get the war file to run.
>
> Everything seems to be OK, all needed gems (especially ruby-net-ldap)
> are packaged in the right places.
>
> Tomcat and the application startup fine, I can access my login screen.
> Authentication is done agains a LDAP server but when my app tries to
> contact the LDAP server, it throws an error:
>
> "no such file to load -- net/ldap"
>
> I'm using JRuby 1.1RC2 and warbler 0.9.4
>

I was finally able to get this to run:

I upgraded to JRuby 1.1RC3 (for running "warble") and replaced the jruby-complete-1.1RC2.jar and goldspike-1.5.jar in the Warbler's lib directory with jruby-complete-1.1RC3.jar and goldspike-1.6.jar.

Now everythings seems to be working fine.

Thomas

Charles Oliver Nutter 04-03-2008 10:51 AM

Re: Problem creating war file with warbler
 
Thomas Kellerer wrote:
> Hi Nick, thanks for your answer.
>
> Sorry for the confusion, I'm using ruby-net-ldap (no J involved here)
>
> I tried Warbler 0.9.4 and Warbler 0.9.5 none of them worked.


Could you file a bug about this, ideally with a reproducible test case
or app?

http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/JRUBY

It would also help if you could hunt us down on the mailing list or on
FreeNode IRC in #jruby...we're standing by to help with this sort of thing.

- Charlie


Charles Oliver Nutter 04-03-2008 10:51 AM

Re: Problem creating war file with warbler
 
Thomas Kellerer wrote:
> I was finally able to get this to run:
>
> I upgraded to JRuby 1.1RC3 (for running "warble") and replaced the
> jruby-complete-1.1RC2.jar and goldspike-1.5.jar in the Warbler's lib
> directory with jruby-complete-1.1RC3.jar and goldspike-1.6.jar.


Oops, I saw this too late...glad to hear you got it working :)

- Charlie



All times are GMT. The time now is 06:14 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®. Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.