Velocity Reviews

-   -   Help for Unicode char and Unicode char based string in Ruby (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t847880-help-for-unicode-char-and-unicode-char-based-string-in-ruby.html)

Chirag Mistry 02-04-2008 09:25 AM

Help for Unicode char and Unicode char based string in Ruby

Hi

I want to use Unicode character and Unicode character based string in
Ruby. Please provide some help to me.

Regards
Chirag

Robert Edwards 02-05-2008 10:32 AM

Re: Help for Unicode char and Unicode char based string in Ruby

Chirag Mistry wrote:
> Hi
>
> I want to use Unicode character and Unicode character based string in
> Ruby. Please provide some help to me.
>
> Regards
> Chirag

I'm puzzled with the same question. It seemed that the later version
support
the Unicode character.

Chirag Mistry 02-05-2008 11:40 AM

Robert Edwards wrote:
> Chirag Mistry wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> I want to use Unicode character and Unicode character based string in
>> Ruby. Please provide some help to me.
>>
>> Regards
>> Chirag

> I'm puzzled with the same question. It seemed that the later version
> support
> the Unicode character.

Is there any library or Ruby extension which can provide Unicode

Ollivier Robert 02-05-2008 03:25 PM

Re: Help for Unicode char and Unicode char based string in Ruby

In article <39eff1b103bef6f1a31e64d7a4150535@ruby-forum.com>,
Chirag Mistry <chirag80bece@gmail.com> wrote:
>Is there any library or Ruby extension which can provide Unicode
>character and Unicode character based string in Ruby?

Either you go the Ruby 1.9 way or you look at iconv & icu4r (more or less dead
AFAIK but it works).

--
Ollivier ROBERT -=- EEC/RIF/SEU -=-
Systems Engineering Unit

Chirag Mistry 02-06-2008 03:03 PM

Ollivier Robert wrote:
> In article <39eff1b103bef6f1a31e64d7a4150535@ruby-forum.com>,
> Chirag Mistry <chirag80bece@gmail.com> wrote:
>>Is there any library or Ruby extension which can provide Unicode
>>character and Unicode character based string in Ruby?

> Either you go the Ruby 1.9 way or you look at iconv & icu4r (more or
> less dead
> AFAIK but it works).

Hi

You mean to say string in Ruby 1.9 supports Unicode character?

Regards
Chirag

Chirag Mistry 02-08-2008 04:56 AM

Chirag Mistry wrote:
> Ollivier Robert wrote:
>> In article <39eff1b103bef6f1a31e64d7a4150535@ruby-forum.com>,
>> Chirag Mistry <chirag80bece@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>Is there any library or Ruby extension which can provide Unicode
>>>character and Unicode character based string in Ruby?

>> Either you go the Ruby 1.9 way or you look at iconv & icu4r (more or
>> less dead
>> AFAIK but it works).

Can anyone give me more details for the same?
How should we use Unicode char and Unicode char based String with Ruby
1.9?

Regards
Chirag

Ollivier Robert 02-08-2008 12:45 PM

Re: Help for Unicode char and Unicode char based string in Ruby

In article <c3ab147360e70ad8f9feb983a6ebc7d6@ruby-forum.com>,
Chirag Mistry <chirag80bece@gmail.com> wrote:
>Can anyone give me more details for the same?
>How should we use Unicode char and Unicode char based String with Ruby
>1.9?

Have you looked at the following?

http://eigenclass.org/hiki.rb?Changes+in+Ruby+1.9#l113

--