Velocity Reviews

-   -   Parse / write XML without changing character encoding (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t845000-parse-write-xml-without-changing-character-encoding.html)

helzer 10-19-2007 12:19 PM

Parse / write XML without changing character encoding

I need to change some things inside an XML document, so I'm reading it
with REXML, changing the attributes I need and writing back.

In the process I see that the character encoding changes all over.

1) UTF-8 encoded characters get decoded.
2) HTML escape are un-escaped (like & becoming &, > becoming
<).

Is there a way to tell REXML not to do this? Just leave everything
inside the texts as it was?

Thanks,
Helzer