Velocity Reviews

-   -   GSoC 2007 : The list of ruby accepted proposal is ready. (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t839807-gsoc-2007-the-list-of-ruby-accepted-proposal-is-ready.html)

Pedro Del Gallego 04-12-2007 10:17 AM

GSoC 2007 : The list of ruby accepted proposal is ready.

You can check the list of the 14 ruby accepted proposal is out. [1].

And more awesome for me, my proposal its accepted. :) now i only need
to find the email address of my mentor and write a presentation mail.

[1] : http://code.google.com/soc/ruby/about.html
--
-------------------------------------
Pedro Del Gallego

Email : pedro.delgallego@gmail.com

Florian Gross 04-12-2007 07:51 PM

Re: GSoC 2007 : The list of ruby accepted proposal is ready.

On Apr 12, 8:01 pm, Mauricio Fernandez <m...@acm.org> wrote:

> I took a quick look at the list of accepted proposals and realized that y=

our
> project, Cover the core of Ruby with RSpec[1] and Florian Gro=DF' (RSpec =

suite
> for Ruby implementations[2]) seem *very* similar...
> Is this a quirk of the selection process or have you already talked about=

how
> to sort out the situation and avoid overlap?
>
> [1]http://code.google.com/soc/ruby/appinfo.html?csaid=3D42986436ED57DE96
> [2]http://code.google.com/soc/ruby/appinfo.html?csaid=3DB7AAFA6B864152CB

It's OK. The mentors already know about this and have spent quite a
bit of time thinking about it AFAIK. :)

It's not the first time this has happened either. I think it'll work
out pretty well.

Oh, and it would be nice to get together into the same IRC channel or
to sort everything out via mail. Whatever works best. :)

David Chelimsky 04-12-2007 07:58 PM

On 4/12/07, Florian Gross <florgro@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Apr 12, 8:01 pm, Mauricio Fernandez <m...@acm.org> wrote:
>
> > I took a quick look at the list of accepted proposals and realized that=

your
> > project, Cover the core of Ruby with RSpec[1] and Florian Gro=DF' (RSpe=

c suite
> > for Ruby implementations[2]) seem *very* similar...
> > Is this a quirk of the selection process or have you already talked abo=

ut how
> > to sort out the situation and avoid overlap?
> >
> > [1]http://code.google.com/soc/ruby/appinfo.html?csaid=3D42986436ED57DE9=

6
> > [2]http://code.google.com/soc/ruby/appinfo.html?csaid=3DB7AAFA6B864152C=

> It's OK. The mentors already know about this and have spent quite a
> bit of time thinking about it AFAIK. :)
>
> It's not the first time this has happened either. I think it'll work
> out pretty well.
>
> Oh, and it would be nice to get together into the same IRC channel or
> to sort everything out via mail. Whatever works best. :)

I'm really excited to see these projects becoming a reality. If you
need anything from the RSpec team to support this, please feel free to
contact either the rspec-devel mailing list or me directly.

Cheers,
David

pat eyler 04-12-2007 07:59 PM

Re: GSoC 2007 : The list of ruby accepted proposal is ready.

On 4/12/07, Florian Gross <florgro@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Apr 12, 8:01 pm, Mauricio Fernandez <m...@acm.org> wrote:
>
> > I took a quick look at the list of accepted proposals and realized that=

your
> > project, Cover the core of Ruby with RSpec[1] and Florian Gro=DF' (RSpe=

c suite
> > for Ruby implementations[2]) seem *very* similar...
> > Is this a quirk of the selection process or have you already talked abo=

ut how
> > to sort out the situation and avoid overlap?
> >
> > [1]http://code.google.com/soc/ruby/appinfo.html?csaid=3D42986436ED57DE9=

6
> > [2]http://code.google.com/soc/ruby/appinfo.html?csaid=3DB7AAFA6B864152C=

> It's OK. The mentors already know about this and have spent quite a
> bit of time thinking about it AFAIK. :)
>
> It's not the first time this has happened either. I think it'll work
> out pretty well.
>
> Oh, and it would be nice to get together into the same IRC channel or
> to sort everything out via mail. Whatever works best. :)

May I recommend #rubinius? since the projects are both at least
titularly for rubinius. (and the JRuby guys an Ko1 hang out there too)

--=20
thanks,
-pate
-------------------------
http://on-ruby.blogspot.com
http://on-ruby.tumblr.com
http://www.rubycentral.org/projects/soc2007

Giles Bowkett 04-13-2007 07:18 PM

Re: GSoC 2007 : The list of ruby accepted proposal is ready.

Congrats Pedro.

Good news in general. Lots of cool stuff on that list.

--
Giles Bowkett
http://www.gilesgoatboy.org