Velocity Reviews

-   -   Java wont work on FB 0.7...? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t8381-java-wont-work-on-fb-0-7-a.html)

Axl 12-18-2003 09:41 PM

Java wont work on FB 0.7...?

Any time I attempt to run a page with a java applet, popup, etc, I get
the "click here to download this plugin" box in its place. I have
downloaded, installed it (every option), and rebooted and I'm still
getting this box. :( I went into the options ans Java IS enabled.

Anyone know what the problem could be?

Axl 12-19-2003 12:12 AM

Re: Java wont work on FB 0.7...?

I think I see whats happening...I opened IE (so I could use a java site)
and i see a Sun Jave console option under tools..is it in installing to
the wrong browser???

:: brian :: 12-19-2003 04:45 AM

Re: Java wont work on FB 0.7...?

Axl wrote:
> I think I see whats happening...I opened IE (so I could use a java site)
> and i see a Sun Jave console option under tools..is it in installing to
> the wrong browser???
>
> Axl wrote:
>
>> Any time I attempt to run a page with a java applet, popup, etc, I get
>> the "click here to download this plugin" box in its place. I have
>> downloaded, installed it (every option), and rebooted and I'm still
>> getting this box. :( I went into the options ans Java IS enabled.
>>
>> Anyone know what the problem could be?

Did you install the registry patch? You can it here:
http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/resource...jre142-fix.reg
Save the link, and then merge it to your registry.

--
Brian

Axl 12-19-2003 05:10 AM

Re: Java wont work on FB 0.7...?

I didnt know I had to do this...never did before.....

Where does it go? I'm not too familiar with messing with the reg.

Ed Mullen 12-19-2003 05:28 AM

Re: Java wont work on FB 0.7...?

Axl wrote:
> I didnt know I had to do this...never did before.....
>
> Where does it go? I'm not too familiar with messing with the reg.
>

>>Did you install the registry patch? You can it here:
>>http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/resource...jre142-fix.reg
>>Save the link, and then merge it to your registry.

Save the file to your disk, find the saved file, double click it. That
will automatically install the patch to your Windows registry.

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net

Axl 12-19-2003 07:00 AM

Re: Java wont work on FB 0.7...?

Ah very easy...and it worked!

Thanks all. How was I supposed to know to do that? Did I miss something
as far as installation instructions?

: : b r i a n : : 12-19-2003 12:39 PM

Re: Java wont work on FB 0.7...?

Axl wrote:
> Ah very easy...and it worked!
>
> Thanks all. How was I supposed to know to do that? Did I miss something
> as far as installation instructions?

You can read here:

http://forums.mozillazine.org/

That is the only way I knew to install Java, and Flash.

--
Brian

David Warren 12-20-2003 06:55 AM

Re: Java wont work on FB 0.7...?

Axl wrote:
> Ah very easy...and it worked!
>
> Thanks all. How was I supposed to know to do that? Did I miss something
> as far as installation instructions?

Be warned though, the odd java applet may not work if it uses ActiveX.
I've only come across this instance once. Not many sites I visit use
java, just when I do, I hate seeing the download plugin thing. And I'm
on a bloody 56k, took a while to download the runtime. :)

- David