Velocity Reviews

-   -   ie.link(:text, "Next").click (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t836097-ie-link-text-next-click.html)

curious 12-05-2006 09:56 PM

ie.link(:text, "Next").click

I am navigating through web page using WATIR..

and as you know, many web pages has "Next" link that allows us to go to
the next page by clicking this "Next" link.

Now when the page reaches the last page, although "Next" is present,
but it is no longer a link.

At this point, if my code still goes to:

ie.link(:text, "Next").click

then I get the error message..

Is there anyway I can have WATIR check whether "Next" is link or not,
and if it is a link, then go to

ie.link(:text, "Next").click,

and if it is just plain text, do not go to ie.link(:text,
"Next").click??

thanks.

curious 12-05-2006 10:55 PM

Re: ie.link(:text, "Next").click

could you please tell me how I can trap the error in 'rescue'..

thanks.

Bret Pettichord 12-06-2006 02:52 AM

Re: ie.link(:text, "Next").click

> Is there anyway I can have WATIR check whether "Next" is link or not,
> and if it is a link, then go to
>
> ie.link(:text, "Next").click,
>
> and if it is just plain text, do not go to ie.link(:text,
> "Next").click??

if ie.link(:text, "Next").exists?
ie.link(:text, "Next").click
end