Velocity Reviews

-   -   is there any curl like lib in ruby? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t835487-is-there-any-curl-like-lib-in-ruby.html)

Haofei Wang 11-14-2006 06:23 AM

is there any curl like lib in ruby?

I am not sure if there is any curl like lib in ruby. thanks

Peter Szinek 11-14-2006 10:03 AM

Re: is there any curl like lib in ruby?

I am not sure either, but this is how I approached this problem:

Open3.popen3("curl --proxy #{proxy_addr}:#{proxy_port} --max-time 20
www.yahoo.com") do |stdin,stdout,stderr|
err_msg = stderr.read
output = stdout.read
#do something
end

HTH,
Peter

__
http://www.rubyrailways.com

S. Robert James 11-14-2006 04:31 PM

Re: is there any curl like lib in ruby?

It's a big shame that ruby lacks curl bindings. There's http-access2,
but it doesn't come to curl's toes. Curl has bindings for nearly every
language in common use, except Ruby.

BTW, if anyone is interested in making decent bindings, please post
here. I may be able to sponsor it. (Please don't private email me.)

Tristram Gräbener 11-15-2006 09:28 AM

Re: is there any curl like lib in ruby?

Good question!

I am interested in recursive listing FTP. Using Net::FTP isn't
convienient as I want informations about size and date (I could parse
it by hand, but it isn't that elegant). OpenURI isn't usefull either :(