Velocity Reviews

-   -   Our Daily Bread Web site and Mozilla 1.5 (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t8335-our-daily-bread-web-site-and-mozilla-1-5-a.html)

Indigo Moon Man 11-29-2003 01:07 PM

Our Daily Bread Web site and Mozilla 1.5

Does this web site display incorrectly for anyone else using Mozilla 1.5?
Any ideas on how I can (if possible) correct this? Thanks!

http://www.gospelcom.net/rbc/odb/odb.shtml

--
Our Daily Bread Devotional:
http://www.gospelcom.net/rbc/odb/odb.shtml

Jim Sanchez 11-29-2003 04:15 PM

Re: Our Daily Bread Web site and Mozilla 1.5

In article <bqa5mu$1v81bb$1@ID-70710.news.uni-berlin.de>,
indigomoon@bonbon.net says...
> http://www.gospelcom.net/rbc/odb/odb.shtml

It displays fine for me w/Mozilla 1.5
--
Jim Sanchez - Bellevue WA
JH_Sanchez AT hotmail.com

Leif K-Brooks 11-29-2003 05:46 PM

Indigo Moon Man wrote:
> Does this web site display incorrectly for anyone else using Mozilla 1.5?
> Any ideas on how I can (if possible) correct this? Thanks!
>
> http://www.gospelcom.net/rbc/odb/odb.shtml

I doubt the background is supposed to repeat like that. Try using
background-repeat:repeat-y in your CSS instead of relying on thin
browser windows.

Ed Mullen 11-29-2003 06:02 PM

Indigo Moon Man wrote:
> Does this web site display incorrectly for anyone else using Mozilla 1.5?
> Any ideas on how I can (if possible) correct this? Thanks!
>
> http://www.gospelcom.net/rbc/odb/odb.shtml

It looks fine to me in 1.5. What are you seeing? Or not?

--
Ed Mullen - Mozilla Champion
http://edmullen.net

Leonidas Jones 11-29-2003 08:04 PM

Indigo Moon Man wrote:

> Does this web site display incorrectly for anyone else using Mozilla 1.5?
> Any ideas on how I can (if possible) correct this? Thanks!
>
> http://www.gospelcom.net/rbc/odb/odb.shtml

Nearly identical in Moz 1.6 latest nightly, and IE6. What is the
problem you are seeing?

Lee

Indigo Moon Man 11-29-2003 11:07 PM

Re: Our Daily Bread Web site and Mozilla 1.5

Leif K-Brooks <eurleif@ecritters.biz> spake thusly:

> Indigo Moon Man wrote:
>> Does this web site display incorrectly for anyone else using Mozilla 1.5?
>> Any ideas on how I can (if possible) correct this? Thanks!
>>
>> http://www.gospelcom.net/rbc/odb/odb.shtml

> I doubt the background is supposed to repeat like that. Try using
> background-repeat:repeat-y in your CSS instead of relying on thin
> browser windows.

It's not my web page. It just doesn't display properly for me in Mozilla
1.5

--
Our Daily Bread Devotional:
http://www.gospelcom.net/rbc/odb/odb.shtml

Indigo Moon Man 11-29-2003 11:09 PM

Re: Our Daily Bread Web site and Mozilla 1.5

Ed Mullen <ed@edmullen.net> spake thusly:

> Indigo Moon Man wrote:
>> Does this web site display incorrectly for anyone else using Mozilla 1.5?
>> Any ideas on how I can (if possible) correct this? Thanks!
>>
>> http://www.gospelcom.net/rbc/odb/odb.shtml
>>

> It looks fine to me in 1.5. What are you seeing? Or not?

The text is shoved way to the right and about half as wide as it is when the
page displays normally. And all the links in the green area on the left are
in the middle of the screen for me.

--
Our Daily Bread Devotional:
http://www.gospelcom.net/rbc/odb/odb.shtml

Indigo Moon Man 11-29-2003 11:10 PM

Re: Our Daily Bread Web site and Mozilla 1.5

Leonidas Jones <Cap1MD@att.net> spake thusly:

Indigo Moon Man 11-29-2003 11:14 PM

Re: Our Daily Bread Web site and Mozilla 1.5

Jim Sanchez <jh_sanchez@hotmail.com> spake thusly:

> In article <bqa5mu$1v81bb$1@ID-70710.news.uni-berlin.de>,
> indigomoon@bonbon.net says...
>> http://www.gospelcom.net/rbc/odb/odb.shtml
>>

> It displays fine for me w/Mozilla 1.5

Thank you!

--
Our Daily Bread Devotional:
http://www.gospelcom.net/rbc/odb/odb.shtml

Leonidas Jones 11-30-2003 02:53 AM

Indigo Moon Man wrote:

> Leonidas Jones <Cap1MD@att.net> spake thusly:
>
>>Indigo Moon Man wrote:
>>

>>>Does this web site display incorrectly for anyone else using Mozilla 1.5?
>>>Any ideas on how I can (if possible) correct this? Thanks!
>>>
>>>http://www.gospelcom.net/rbc/odb/odb.shtml
>>>

>>Nearly identical in Moz 1.6 latest nightly, and IE6. What is the
>>problem you are seeing?
>>

> The text is shoved way to the right and about half as wide as it is when the
> page displays normally. And all the links in the green area on the left are
> in the middle of the screen for me.
>

> --
> Our Daily Bread Devotional:
> http://www.gospelcom.net/rbc/odb/odb.shtml

Sorry, I don't see any reason for that. I checked it again, and then
again in NS 7.1, and for good measure, in Opera 7.1, and display is
fine. I tried disabling styles, but there seem to be none, then
disabled javascript, still no major display problems. CAn't imagine
what's causing the problem you see.

Have you tried using a different profile?

Lee