Velocity Reviews

-   -   Print Pdf directly (without preview) from client side (using asp.net) (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t83315-print-pdf-directly-without-preview-from-client-side-using-asp-net.html)

AP No spam 07-22-2004 02:54 PM

Print Pdf directly (without preview) from client side (using asp.net)

Hi

I need help to Print Pdf File directly
without preview from client side

To solve problem I used

This C# code

Response.Buffer = true;
Response.ClearContent();
Response.ClearHeaders();
Response.Cache.SetCacheability(HttpCacheability.No Cache);
Response.ContentType = "application/pdf";
Response.BinaryWrite(memStream.ToArray());
Response.End();

and how you can see

I Clean response and Use BinaryWrite

so I don't know how to insert this html code

<script language="javascript">
window.print();
</script>

I tried also with frameset (don't work)
and I tried also

with

<script language="javascript">
var oWnd = window.open("TestPrint.Aspx", "tstPrint");
oWnd.print();
</script>

it shows message "file TestPrint.Aspx not found".

Can you help me????

Thanks in advance!!!

Bye bye

bruce barker 07-22-2004 04:15 PM

Re: Print Pdf directly (without preview) from client side (using asp.net)

you can not directly print a pdf file in a browser, nor can you include
javascript. when the browser detects a pdf file, it looks an activex control
assigned to the mime type, in this case adobe reader. it then loads adobe
reader active/x control, and gives the control the url. the reader control
then requests and downloads the content (if you have ie 6.0 with service
packs, the download will come from the cache, otherwise the pdf is
downloaded again) and renders it.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

news:fbad1b13.0407220654.3483adac@posting.google.c om...

Raterus 07-22-2004 04:28 PM

Re: Print Pdf directly (without preview) from client side (using asp.net)

Just tested this, and it works, except the pdf does have to load up in the acrobat plugin, but you do get prompted for the print dialog as well.

<iframe> that holds the pdf, and only the pdf
then from the main page, use this javascript to print the iframe.

<script type="text/javascript">
function pdfPrint(iframe)
{
iframe.focus();
iframe.print();
}

pdfPrint(iframe_id);
</script>

You can use Page.RegisterStartupScript to add this script easily from asp.net.

--Michael

jojujohnc 10-16-2006 12:48 PM

is there any way to get print window to gif or bmp

Hello experts,

I am very new to this forum.

I am trying to save the content of a window/frame as gif/bmp. I want to save it either at client side or at server side.

Is there any way to do the same using javascript?

Thank You,
Joju.

kaverao 02-11-2010 09:02 AM

Print Pdf directly (without preview) from client side (using asp.net) - Any success?

Hi, Did anybody find the solution for this?

Raterus, i looked at and tried the solution provided by you. However, could not succeed. Can you pls explain little more in detail. mentioning what code segment goes in Codebehind and what js should be placed in designer?
I am using .net3.5, visual studio 2008.

Please help, it's very urgent. Thanks in advance.

ronynaidu84 10-06-2011 01:20 PM

Process proc = newProcess();
proc.StartInfo.WindowStyle =
ProcessWindowStyle.Hidden;