Velocity Reviews

-   -   Cartesian and polar coordinates library (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t832719-cartesian-and-polar-coordinates-library.html)

Bart Braem 08-23-2006 08:37 AM

Cartesian and polar coordinates library

Hello,

For a personal project I had to create a library of cartesian and polar
coordinates. Is anyone else interested in this code? If so I'll try to turn
it in to a library and release it on rubyforge.
Just my way of saying thanks for Ruby, this turns out to be a really nice
language!

Regards,
Bart

Piers Harding 08-23-2006 10:06 AM

Re: Cartesian and polar coordinates library

--Yb+qhiCg54lqZFXW

Hi -=20

"It's easier to ask for forgiveness than it is to ask for permission"
=2E.. so, if I were you I'd just do it :-).

Cheers.

On Wed, Aug 23, 2006 at 05:40:09PM +0900, Bart Braem wrote:
> Hello,
>=20
> For a personal project I had to create a library of cartesian and polar
> coordinates. Is anyone else interested in this code? If so I'll try to tu=

rn
> it in to a library and release it on rubyforge.
> Just my way of saying thanks for Ruby, this turns out to be a really nice
> language!
>=20
> Regards,
> Bart

--=20
Home - http://www.piersharding.com
xmpp:piers@ompka.net

--Yb+qhiCg54lqZFXW

--Yb+qhiCg54lqZFXW--

William Crawford 08-23-2006 10:57 AM

Piers Harding wrote:
> Hi -
>
> "It's easier to ask for forgiveness than it is to ask for permission"
> ... so, if I were you I'd just do it :-).
>
> Cheers.

Indeed, this is so true. In this case, the usefulness can't necessarily
be determined by those who see this notice right now, but by those who
find it later on rubyforge and thank you for it.

Bart Braem 08-23-2006 01:14 PM

William Crawford wrote:

> Piers Harding wrote:
>> Hi -
>>
>> "It's easier to ask for forgiveness than it is to ask for permission"
>> ... so, if I were you I'd just do it :-).
>>
>> Cheers.

> Indeed, this is so true. In this case, the usefulness can't necessarily
> be determined by those who see this notice right now, but by those who
> find it later on rubyforge and thank you for it.

You are probably right there. I'll throw it on rubyforge when I have
transformed the code into a library.

Bart

ara.t.howard@noaa.gov 08-23-2006 02:25 PM

On Wed, 23 Aug 2006, William Crawford wrote:

> Piers Harding wrote:
>> Hi -
>>
>> "It's easier to ask for forgiveness than it is to ask for permission"
>> ... so, if I were you I'd just do it :-).
>>
>> Cheers.

> Indeed, this is so true. In this case, the usefulness can't necessarily
> be determined by those who see this notice right now, but by those who
> find it later on rubyforge and thank you for it.

i could use it today!

-a
--
to foster inner awareness, introspection, and reasoning is more efficient than
meditation and prayer.

Kenosis 08-23-2006 06:59 PM

ara.t.howard@noaa.gov wrote:
> On Wed, 23 Aug 2006, William Crawford wrote:
>
> > Piers Harding wrote:
> >> Hi -
> >>
> >> "It's easier to ask for forgiveness than it is to ask for permission"
> >> ... so, if I were you I'd just do it :-).
> >>
> >> Cheers.

> > Indeed, this is so true. In this case, the usefulness can't necessarily
> > be determined by those who see this notice right now, but by those who
> > find it later on rubyforge and thank you for it.

> i could use it today!
>
> -a
> --
> to foster inner awareness, introspection, and reasoning is more efficient than
> meditation and prayer.
> - h.h. the 14th dali lama

And if you don't want to go to the trouble of a rubyforge, just post it
on the Ruby RAA.

Ken