Velocity Reviews

-   -   Ruby, CSV and PDF / Porting xtopdf to Ruby with PDF::Writer (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t831710-ruby-csv-and-pdf-porting-xtopdf-to-ruby-with-pdf-writer.html)

vasudevram 07-25-2006 02:01 PM

Ruby, CSV and PDF / Porting xtopdf to Ruby with PDF::Writer

Hey,

Started porting my xtopdf PDF creation/conversion toolkit -
http://sourceforge.net/projects/xtopdf - from Python to Ruby.
Using PDF::Writer for the underlying PDF creation work.
It looks like a good component.

Details here:

http://jugad.livejournal.com/2006/07/24/

And here:

http://jugad.livejournal.com/2006/07/25/

Also did some work on porting DBFReader.py, another part of xtopdf, to
Ruby.
Coding in Ruby really seems to flow with ease - a tribute to the
language design.

Will be creating a RubyForge project for it after some more work is
done.
Anyone who wants to know when that happens, feel free to subscribe to
my blog feed - http://feeds.feedburner.com/Jugad.

That's my blog where I track and comment on software innovation, both
commercial and open source, happening worldwide.

- Vasudev
Custom utility development
Software consulting and training
http://www.dancingbison.com