Velocity Reviews

-   -   Pagination question (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t831511-pagination-question.html)

SSpalding (sent by Nabble.com) 07-19-2006 08:21 AM

Pagination question

I can't seem to find the information I need about pagination.

It seems that by default the paginations scheme breaks things up from first
to last. Does anyone know how one would be able to paginate from the last
item entered to the first. the .reverse method only seems to reverse things
'within' the page.
Sent from the ruby-talk forum at Nabble.com.

Paul Battley 07-19-2006 08:33 AM

Re: Pagination question

On 19/07/06, SSpalding (sent by Nabble.com) <lists@nabble.com> wrote:
> I can't seem to find the information I need about pagination.

Presumably you're talking about Ruby on Rails. Have you seen this?
http://wiki.rubyonrails.org/rails/pages/HowtoPagination

> It seems that by default the paginations scheme breaks things up from first
> to last. Does anyone know how one would be able to paginate from the last
> item entered to the first. the .reverse method only seems to reverse things
> 'within' the page.

Assuming that you are talking about Rails, you just need to set the
appropriate order in the query. So, to get from the last item created
to the first, you could add ":order => 'id DESC'". If you want them in
ascending order *within* each page, then you need to call reverse on
the result of that.

Finally, there's a separate mailing list for Ruby *on Rails* - this is
a more general list (to which you are apparently posting via
nabble.com). For Rails-specific questions, you'll probably get better
response in the appropriate list.

Paul.

SSpalding (sent by Nabble.com) 07-19-2006 08:43 AM

Re: Pagination question

Ah, thanks so much. That I am, sorry about that.
Sent from the ruby-talk forum at Nabble.com.