Velocity Reviews

-   -   Looking for Rake C code building examples with multiple platforms,versions... (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t829529-looking-for-rake-c-code-building-examples-with-multiple-platforms-versions.html)

Stuart Hungerford 03-14-2006 12:12 AM

Looking for Rake C code building examples with multiple platforms,versions...

Hi,

I'm currently using Rake to manage the building of a smallish
C library and associated C programs.

There's some nice C building tutorials on Jim Weirich's site
but I need to be able to build multiple versions of the library
(e.g. debug, optimized, instrumented) for multiple platforms
(e.g. Solaris/Sun C, Linux/GCC 4.x etc).

Has anyone used Rake in this way? I'd welcome any examples of
doing this in practice that anyone could share.

TIA,

Stu