Velocity Reviews

-   -   rdoc/usage usage_no_exit error (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t827654-rdoc-usage-usage_no_exit-error.html)

Todd S. 01-10-2006 02:28 AM

rdoc/usage usage_no_exit error

I'm trying to integrate rdoc/usage.rb into my ruby script for the usage
paramaters, however it doesn't seem to work.

when I call RDoc::usage I get this...

/usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8/rdoc/usage.rb:105:in `usage_no_exit': private
method `gsub' called for nil:NilClass (NoMethodError)

Is there any way to fix this?

David Vallner 01-11-2006 05:35 PM

Re: rdoc/usage usage_no_exit error

Todd S. wrote:

>I'm trying to integrate rdoc/usage.rb into my ruby script for the usage
>paramaters, however it doesn't seem to work.
>
>when I call RDoc::usage I get this...
>
>/usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8/rdoc/usage.rb:105:in `usage_no_exit': private
>method `gsub' called for nil:NilClass (NoMethodError)
>
>Is there any way to fix this?

Check for the REALLY dumb errors. From a look at the usage.rb source, it
seems that find_usage fails to find your usage information at all. Check
for typos, or how you comment out the documentation comments -
#find_comment in usage.rb doesn't seem to recognize =begin [ ... ] =end
blocks.