Velocity Reviews

-   -   Book Recommendations (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t82630-book-recommendations.html)

George 07-13-2004 07:47 PM

Book Recommendations

Any good book recommendattions for ASP.Net using C#?

Thanks

Curt_C [MVP] 07-13-2004 09:01 PM

Re: Book Recommendations

Which part do you need more, ASP.NET framework or C# Language? I suggest
getting a C# Language Reference book (I've got a WROX press one that's
great). Then I'd suggest an intro to ASP.NET (look at MS Press) as a great
starting point.
(http://www.microsoft.com/learning/bo...et/default.asp all pretty
good).

--
Curt Christianson
Owner/Lead Developer, DF-Software

Fred 07-13-2004 09:04 PM

Re: Book Recommendations

Programming Microsoft ASP.NET by Dino Esposito (Microsoft Press)

George 07-13-2004 09:04 PM

Re: Book Recommendations

Thanks,

I understand C#, I am more looking for a good book on ASP.Net 2.0 using C#.

Curt_C [MVP] 07-13-2004 09:12 PM

Re: Book Recommendations

Ahh.... ASP.NET 2.0, that's another story.
I'm reading "An Intorduction to ASP.NET 2.0" (Homer, Sussman, Howard) from
Addison Wesley and so far it's really good.
Just rememeber all the 2.0 books are based on pre-release info and therefore
not guaranteed to be right come release time.

Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP] 07-13-2004 09:36 PM

Re: Book Recommendations

Hey Curt, are you using the alpha or beta version of the book?

I didn't think the beta was to be published til later in the month.

http://www.awprofessional.com/title/0321257278

Ken

Curt_C [MVP] 07-14-2004 02:02 PM

Re: Book Recommendations

Mine's a different ISBN than that one so I'm saying alpha. Still though,
goot stuff.
Scott Guthrie wrote the forword on it....

George 07-14-2004 06:59 PM

Re: Book Recommendations

How about just ASP.Net 1.0?

Thanks

Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP] 07-15-2004 01:12 AM

Re: Book Recommendations

Hi Curt,

It must be the alpha book. They're updating it as the software progresses.

Ken

Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP] 07-15-2004 01:13 AM

Re: Book Recommendations

You can't go wrong with Stephen Walther's ASP.NET Unleashed.