Velocity Reviews

Velocity Reviews (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/index.php)
-   Ruby (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f66-ruby.html)
-   -   fxruby doesn't work (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t825684-fxruby-doesnt-work.html)

Dirk Meijer 10-31-2005 09:11 PM

fxruby doesn't work
 
------=_Part_17970_8922945.1130793079055
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
Content-Disposition: inline

hi everyone,
just a few months ago, i was able to run programs that use fxruby, since
recently, it has not been working, but i'm not as much into ruby that i'd
write a fxruby program.. however, i would like to get it back to work.
i use windows xp, sp2, on-click installer 1.8.2-15
and i get the following error:
d:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems.rb:144:in `activate': can't
activate fxruby (=3D 1.2.6), already activated fxruby-1.4.2-mswin32]
(Gem::Exception)
from d:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:23:in
`require'
from d:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/fxri-0.3.2/./fxri:10
from D:/ruby/bin/fxri:18:in `load'
from D:/ruby/bin/fxri:18
does anyone know how to fix this problem?
greetings, Dirk.

------=_Part_17970_8922945.1130793079055--



Lyle Johnson 10-31-2005 09:58 PM

Re: fxruby doesn't work
 
On 10/31/05, Dirk Meijer <hawkman.gelooft@gmail.com> wrote:

> just a few months ago, i was able to run programs that use fxruby, since
> recently, it has not been working, but i'm not as much into ruby that i'd
> write a fxruby program.. however, i would like to get it back to work.
> i use windows xp, sp2, on-click installer 1.8.2-15
> and i get the following error:
> d:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems.rb:144:in `activate': can't
> activate fxruby (=3D 1.2.6), already activated fxruby-1.4.2-mswin32]
> (Gem::Exception)
> from d:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:23:in
> `require'
> from d:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/fxri-0.3.2/./fxri:10
> from D:/ruby/bin/fxri:18:in `load'
> from D:/ruby/bin/fxri:18
> does anyone know how to fix this problem?


Just a note to try to pin down the source of the problem: It's not a
problem with FXRuby. It *appears* to be a problem with what "fxri" (an
application that happens to use FXRuby) is trying to do to when it
tries to "require" the FXRuby gem.



Curt Hibbs 10-31-2005 10:31 PM

Re: fxruby doesn't work
 
In version 182-15 of the One-Click Installer there is a problem
running FXRuby programs using rubyw.exe, but they run correctly with
ruby.exe.

I believe this problem does not exist in 182-14, which has the same
version of, just different versions of the pre-installed extensions.

I will make sure that this is resolved by the time we release the
installer for 1.8.4 (hopefully around the end of this year).

Curt

On 10/31/05, Dirk Meijer <hawkman.gelooft@gmail.com> wrote:
> hi everyone,
> just a few months ago, i was able to run programs that use fxruby, since
> recently, it has not been working, but i'm not as much into ruby that i'd
> write a fxruby program.. however, i would like to get it back to work.
> i use windows xp, sp2, on-click installer 1.8.2-15
> and i get the following error:
> d:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems.rb:144:in `activate': can't
> activate fxruby (=3D 1.2.6), already activated fxruby-1.4.2-mswin32]
> (Gem::Exception)
> from d:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:23:in
> `require'
> from d:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/fxri-0.3.2/./fxri:10
> from D:/ruby/bin/fxri:18:in `load'
> from D:/ruby/bin/fxri:18
> does anyone know how to fix this problem?
> greetings, Dirk.
>
>




Dirk Meijer 11-01-2005 09:44 AM

Re: fxruby doesn't work
 
------=_Part_23134_33173360.1130838249883
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
Content-Disposition: inline

this doesn't solve the problem, running it with ruby.exe instead of
rubyw.exe gives me exactly the same..
anyone else have any solutions?
greetings, Dirk.

2005/10/31, Curt Hibbs <curt.hibbs@gmail.com>:
>
> In version 182-15 of the One-Click Installer there is a problem
> running FXRuby programs using rubyw.exe, but they run correctly with
> ruby.exe.
>
> I believe this problem does not exist in 182-14, which has the same
> version of, just different versions of the pre-installed extensions.
>
> I will make sure that this is resolved by the time we release the
> installer for 1.8.4 (hopefully around the end of this year).
>
> Curt
>
> On 10/31/05, Dirk Meijer <hawkman.gelooft@gmail.com> wrote:
> > hi everyone,
> > just a few months ago, i was able to run programs that use fxruby, sinc=

e
> > recently, it has not been working, but i'm not as much into ruby that

> i'd
> > write a fxruby program.. however, i would like to get it back to work.
> > i use windows xp, sp2, on-click installer 1.8.2-15
> > and i get the following error:
> > d:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems.rb:144:in `activate': can't
> > activate fxruby (=3D 1.2.6), already activated fxruby-1.4.2-mswin32]
> > (Gem::Exception)
> > from d:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:23:in
> > `require'
> > from d:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/fxri-0.3.2/./fxri:10
> > from D:/ruby/bin/fxri:18:in `load'
> > from D:/ruby/bin/fxri:18
> > does anyone know how to fix this problem?
> > greetings, Dirk.
> >
> >

>
>


------=_Part_23134_33173360.1130838249883--



Curt Hibbs 11-01-2005 12:20 PM

Re: fxruby doesn't work
 
On 11/1/05, Dirk Meijer <hawkman.gelooft@gmail.com> wrote:
> this doesn't solve the problem, running it with ruby.exe instead of
> rubyw.exe gives me exactly the same..
> anyone else have any solutions?
> greetings, Dirk.


You must be running in to a different problem, then.

Curt

> 2005/10/31, Curt Hibbs <curt.hibbs@gmail.com>:
> >
> > In version 182-15 of the One-Click Installer there is a problem
> > running FXRuby programs using rubyw.exe, but they run correctly with
> > ruby.exe.
> >
> > I believe this problem does not exist in 182-14, which has the same
> > version of, just different versions of the pre-installed extensions.
> >
> > I will make sure that this is resolved by the time we release the
> > installer for 1.8.4 (hopefully around the end of this year).
> >
> > Curt
> >
> > On 10/31/05, Dirk Meijer <hawkman.gelooft@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > hi everyone,
> > > just a few months ago, i was able to run programs that use fxruby, si=

nce
> > > recently, it has not been working, but i'm not as much into ruby that

> > i'd
> > > write a fxruby program.. however, i would like to get it back to work=


Holger Arndt 11-01-2005 01:03 PM

Re: fxruby doesn't work
 
Hello,

I had the same problem after "gem update ; gem clean". I had to remove
fxruby 1.4-x and reinstall fxruby 1.2-6. Having both versions at the
same time didn't work for me.

Regards,
Holger

Curt Hibbs 11-01-2005 02:27 PM

Re: fxruby doesn't work
 
Hmmm... I suppose this could have been my problem when I built 182-15
of the One-Click Installer. I'll have to check this out.

Curt

On 11/1/05, Holger Arndt <HolgerArndt@gmx.de> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I had the same problem after "gem update ; gem clean". I had to remove
> fxruby 1.4-x and reinstall fxruby 1.2-6. Having both versions at the
> same time didn't work for me.
>
> Regards,
> Holger
>
>




soxinbox 11-09-2005 02:10 AM

Re: fxruby doesn't work
 
Is this caused by a require of a method that exists in 1.2-6 that no longer
exists in 1.4-x?
If anyone is brave enough to tackle this problem, than I will be glad to
assist by testing on a system that generates this error with consistency.

"Curt Hibbs" <curt.hibbs@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:31d15f490511010627w4fa63041g5525cf9b396fc990@ mail.gmail.com...
Hmmm... I suppose this could have been my problem when I built 182-15
of the One-Click Installer. I'll have to check this out.

Curt

On 11/1/05, Holger Arndt <HolgerArndt@gmx.de> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I had the same problem after "gem update ; gem clean". I had to remove
> fxruby 1.4-x and reinstall fxruby 1.2-6. Having both versions at the
> same time didn't work for me.
>
> Regards,
> Holger
>
>





Curt Hibbs 11-09-2005 02:43 PM

Re: fxruby doesn't work
 
Looks like I didn't read the original message closely enough. The
problem I encountered was strictly with 1.2.6 and did not involve
1.4.x. Sorry for the confusion.

Curt

On 11/8/05, soxinbox <faker@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Is this caused by a require of a method that exists in 1.2-6 that no long=

er
> exists in 1.4-x?
> If anyone is brave enough to tackle this problem, than I will be glad to
> assist by testing on a system that generates this error with consistency.
>
> "Curt Hibbs" <curt.hibbs@gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:31d15f490511010627w4fa63041g5525cf9b396fc990@ mail.gmail.com...
> Hmmm... I suppose this could have been my problem when I built 182-15
> of the One-Click Installer. I'll have to check this out.
>
> Curt
>
> On 11/1/05, Holger Arndt <HolgerArndt@gmx.de> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I had the same problem after "gem update ; gem clean". I had to remove
> > fxruby 1.4-x and reinstall fxruby 1.2-6. Having both versions at the
> > same time didn't work for me.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Holger
> >
> >

>
>
>
>
>





All times are GMT. The time now is 09:45 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®. Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.