Velocity Reviews

-   -   problem installing mysql in windows (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t823757-problem-installing-mysql-in-windows.html)

Andres M. Hidalgo 08-19-2005 09:36 PM

problem installing mysql in windows

I got the following error installing mysql using command:
gem install mysql --remote

Attempting remote installation of 'mysql'
ERROR: While executing gem ... (RuntimeError)
Gem files will remain installed in
c:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mysql-2.6 for
inspection.
ruby extconf.rb install mysql --remote\nchecking for mysql_query() in
mysqlclient.lib... no
checking for main() in m.lib... yes
checking for mysql_query() in mysqlclient.lib... no
checking for main() in z.lib... no
checking for mysql_query() in mysqlclient.lib... no
checking for main() in socket.lib... no
checking for mysql_query() in mysqlclient.lib... no
checking for main() in nsl.lib... no
checking for mysql_query() in mysqlclient.lib... no

Results logged to c:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mysql-2.6/gem_make.out

Any ideas how to fix this problem?.

Thanks

Andres

rcoder 08-19-2005 09:56 PM

Re: problem installing mysql in windows

The 'mysql' gem only provides the Ruby bindings to the MySQL client API
-- you have to separately install the MySQL libraries for your system.
I'm going to go out on a limb and assume you're trying to run Ruby on
Rails, (and hence posted this question here) you'll probably want the
full MySQL server installation, as well.

Basically, go to mysql.com, download the latest Windows distribution,
and make sure your MySQL install is working before trying to install
the Ruby bindings.

-Lennon