Velocity Reviews

-   -   embed yoshi's opengl in ruby/tk? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t822316-embed-yoshis-opengl-in-ruby-tk.html)

Tom Nakamura 06-10-2005 09:53 PM

embed yoshi's opengl in ruby/tk?

How can i run opengl (specifically I want to run the webcam example in
ruby-v4l) in a ruby/tk frame? I hear its possible for sdl at the least,
and I know people have done this with python/perl and tk/opengl.
Tom Nakamura

esperanc 06-10-2005 10:13 PM

Re: embed yoshi's opengl in ruby/tk?

There are two packages for embedding opengl in a tk window: togl and
tkogl, both available for using tk with tcl. Haven't seen it ported to
ruby, though. A better idea is to move from tk to fox (FXruby), which
is nicer (IMHO) than tk and supports opengl natively.

Hidetoshi NAGAI 06-11-2005 04:49 AM

Re: embed yoshi's opengl in ruby/tk?

From: "Tom Nakamura" <imifumei@imap.cc>
Subject: embed yoshi's opengl in ruby/tk?
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2005 06:53:58 +0900
> How can i run opengl (specifically I want to run the webcam example in
> ruby-v4l) in a ruby/tk frame?

What decides the posibility is whether the library has some ways
to use the given window (by window-ID) to display.
I don't know about that library.
If the library can display on the given window, for example,
f = TkFrame.new(parent, :container=>true)
win_id = f.winfo_id
<< ... create (sub?)window based on win_id ... >>
Hidetoshi NAGAI (nagai@ai.kyutech.ac.jp)