Velocity Reviews

-   -   mod_ruby is making me CRAZY (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t819947-mod_ruby-is-making-me-crazy.html)

Javier Valencia 02-22-2005 11:59 PM

mod_ruby is making me CRAZY

I'm just crazy, i can't understand anything.
I have two modules: Iptstats and Mods

Code for ipstats is large, but works fine ( a normal module )
Code for Mods is (it don't do nothing right now) :

module Mods

public

def Mods.get()
a = Array.new
end

end

and my sample menu.rb cgi is:

require "mods"

Mods.get()

Well, mod_ruby give me the following FUNNY error:

[Tue Feb 22 23:53:23 2005] [error] mod_ruby: error in ruby
[Tue Feb 22 23:53:23 2005] [error] mod_ruby:
/var/www/localhost/htdocs/menu.rb:3: uninitialized constant
#<Module:0x405ceaac>::Mods (NameError)

What the hell is happening here? I don't understand why my other module
works and this one not.
sorry i'm a bit frustrated.

Robert Klemme 02-23-2005 04:41 PM

Re: mod_ruby is making me CRAZY

"Pit Capitain" <pit@capitain.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Javier Valencia schrieb:
> > I'm just crazy, i can't understand anything.
> > I have two modules: Iptstats and Mods
> >
> > Code for ipstats is large, but works fine ( a normal module )
> > Code for Mods is (it don't do nothing right now) :
> >
> > module Mods
> >
> > public
> > def Mods.get()
> > a = Array.new
> > end
> >
> > end
> >

> > and my sample menu.rb cgi is:
> >
> > require "mods"
> >
> > Mods.get()
> >

> > Well, mod_ruby give me the following FUNNY error:
> >
> > [Tue Feb 22 23:53:23 2005] [error] mod_ruby: error in ruby
> > [Tue Feb 22 23:53:23 2005] [error] mod_ruby:
> > /var/www/localhost/htdocs/menu.rb:3: uninitialized constant
> > #<Module:0x405ceaac>::Mods (NameError)
> >

> > What the hell is happening here? I don't understand why my other

module
> > works and this one not.
> > sorry i'm a bit frustrated.

> I've never used mod_ruby myself, but it seems that menu.rb is run in an
> anonymous module, just like
>
> load "menu.rb", true
>
> So it tries to find the constant "Mods" in the namespace of this

anonymous
> module. If this is the case, try using
>
> ::Mods.get()
>
> in menu.rb in order to get at the global namespace.

Another thing that could possibly go wrong is that the file that's loaded
by "require 'mods'" is a different file and does not contain module Mods.

Regards

robert