Velocity Reviews

-   -   My second Wee example, together with some more things. (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t819946-my-second-wee-example-together-with-some-more-things.html)

Joao Pedrosa 02-23-2005 04:22 AM

My second Wee example, together with some more things.

Hi,

I was just itching I guess to create my second Wee example. This time
I try to create a really really fake copy of the Joel on Software
site.

I posted a couple of screenshots of some application windows that I
created using Ruby-GNOME2 mainly to edit the tables for this example.

You can find more at:
http://sinsalabintrix.blogspot.com/2...evolution.html

Cheers,
Joao

Michael Neumann 02-23-2005 09:36 AM

Re: My second Wee example, together with some more things.

Michael Neumann wrote:
> Joao Pedrosa wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I was just itching I guess to create my second Wee example. This time
>> I try to create a really really fake copy of the Joel on Software
>> site.

> One minor thing: If you show a discussion on the right, you can no
> further click on another topic on the right (you have to click "back to

^^^^^
this should be "left"!

Regards,

Michael

Michael Neumann 02-24-2005 09:28 AM

Michael Neumann wrote:
> Joao Pedrosa wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>

>>> Well, you call @tread in Topics. If you do this, then of course the
>>> Topics component will not render itself and will not react on actions
>>> (until you answer from @tread).
>>> You should not use call in this situation, use #render and if
>>> statements.

>> Done, thanks. :-) Pretty easy once we have decided about it. hehe. 6
>> lines have been changed for this.
>>
>> About turning off the Session and creating and interpreting custom
>> URLs, could you give me some direction beforehand? It would be great
>> to try this out as soon as possible, because URL is a pending issue to
>> me. :-)

> I'm not sure what the best way of doing this. Seaside has an updateUrl
> method, which is called for each component (similar to
> process_callbacks), and which can be used to modify the URL after an
> action has occured and processed, but before the redirect to the render
> phase is done.

There probably an easier way to accomplish that. Wee already supports
named_callbacks:

r.anchor.named_callback('test') { ... }

All you have to do is, after the action was invoked, to put the
action-callback name into the regual URL, e.g. from

# before action was invoked (URL generated from render phase)
/app/?test

to:

# after action was invoked (redirected URL)
/app/test

That should be pretty easy to do.

Regards,

Michael