Velocity Reviews

-   -   'n' in debugger won't step over requires, this is a feature? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t819398-n-in-debugger-wont-step-over-requires-this-is-a-feature.html)

Sam Roberts 01-31-2005 02:18 AM

'n' in debugger won't step over requires, this is a feature?

I would like to step through my code, but I don't think I should have to
go into every require. I would expect 's' to go into a require, and 'n' to step over
it.

I see lots of flaky behaviour in the debugger, and I never know whats a bug, or
whats a feature.

Is this a feature?

If feature, is there any way I can step over requires?

Thanks,
Sam

I built from cvs yesterday.

Example is:

$ ruby18 -rdebug mdns.rb _http _ftp _workstation
Debug.rb
Emacs support available.

mdns.rb:3:$: << File.dirname($0)
(rdb:1) n
mdns.rb:5:require 'getoptlong'
(rdb:1) n
/usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8/getoptlong.rb:16:class GetoptLong
(rdb:1) quit
Really quit? (y/n) y
[ensemble] ~/p/ruby/zeroconf $ head mdns.rb
#!/usr/local/bin/ruby18 -wI../ruby/lib

$: << File.dirname($0)

require 'getoptlong'
require 'net/dns/mdns'