Velocity Reviews

-   -   Is there anything like matplotlib (Plotting library) in ruby? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t819341-is-there-anything-like-matplotlib-plotting-library-in-ruby.html)

mepython 01-28-2005 04:05 PM

Is there anything like matplotlib (Plotting library) in ruby?

Python has a great plotting library http://matplotlib.sf.net It is very
easy to use with multiple backends GD, GTK, wxPython, AGG. Is there
anything like that available in ruby?

Asbjørn Reglund Thorsen 01-28-2005 04:43 PM

Re: Is there anything like matplotlib (Plotting library) in ruby?

I have dug up some libs/bindings, don`t know if this is what you want, but
here we go:
-Ruby/PGPLOT
http://www.ir.isas.ac.jp/~masa/ruby/pgplot/index.html
-Ruby Gnuplot
http://rgnuplot.sourceforge.net
-Ruby Mathematica
http://library.wolfram.com/infocenter/MathSource/1065
-OctavIO
http://www.diegm.uniud.it/bernardini...eio/index.html

Hope this helps

</asbjørn>

Malte Harder 01-28-2005 05:02 PM

mepython wrote:
> Python has a great plotting library http://matplotlib.sf.net It is very
> easy to use with multiple backends GD, GTK, wxPython, AGG. Is there
> anything like that available in ruby?

I'm currently working on plotting library in ruby which uses rmagick as
output. But I don't think that it will have such a big feature list in
the near future. I don't even know when it will be released. I'm going
to announce it here when a first version is finished.

Malte