Velocity Reviews

-   -   Ruby/DL tutorial (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t818159-ruby-dl-tutorial.html)

Benjamin Peterson 11-24-2004 06:40 PM

Ruby/DL tutorial

Hi,

Would there be any takers if I made a rough English translation of
the Ruby/DL tutorial at http://ttsky.net/ruby/ruby-dl.html?

Benjamin

Michael DeHaan 11-24-2004 07:19 PM

Re: Ruby/DL tutorial

Ruby/DL is a feature I plan to use often ... yes, I'd really like to see it.

--MPD

Kevin Howe 11-24-2004 07:37 PM

Re: Ruby/DL tutorial

"Michael DeHaan" <michael.dehaan@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Ruby/DL is a feature I plan to use often ... yes, I'd really like to see

it.

I'll second that, the more DL documentation the better :)

kh

Phil Tomson 11-24-2004 08:09 PM

Re: Ruby/DL tutorial

In article <986d2608.0411241040.7a4ea886@posting.google.com >,
Benjamin Peterson <bjsp123@imap.cc> wrote:
>Hi,
>
> Would there be any takers if I made a rough English translation of
>the Ruby/DL tutorial at http://ttsky.net/ruby/ruby-dl.html?

Yes Please!

Phil

Guillaume Marcais 11-24-2004 08:09 PM

Re: Ruby/DL tutorial

On Wed, 2004-11-24 at 13:42, Benjamin Peterson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Would there be any takers if I made a rough English translation of
> the Ruby/DL tutorial at http://ttsky.net/ruby/ruby-dl.html?
>
> Benjamin

Definitly!

Guillaume.

Dave Burt 11-24-2004 08:43 PM

Re: Ruby/DL tutorial

+1

gabriele renzi 11-24-2004 09:34 PM

Re: Ruby/DL tutorial

Dave Burt ha scritto:
> +1

takers.succ!

Sam Roberts 11-24-2004 10:16 PM

Re: Ruby/DL tutorial

Quoteing khowe@perfnet.ca, on Thu, Nov 25, 2004 at 04:38:00AM +0900:
> "Michael DeHaan" <michael.dehaan@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > Ruby/DL is a feature I plan to use often ... yes, I'd really like to see

> it.
>
> I'll second that, the more DL documentation the better :)

Me, too. I'm planning on using it soon, I think it does what I need, but
some docs would help me figure that out!

Sam

J. D. 11-24-2004 10:36 PM

Re: Ruby/DL tutorial

Benjamin Peterson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Would there be any takers if I made a rough English translation of
> the Ruby/DL tutorial at http://ttsky.net/ruby/ruby-dl.html?
>
> Benjamin

Thanks! But I'm getting a 403 FORBIDDEN error when I try to look at the
samples...

Luc Heinrich 11-25-2004 12:07 AM

Re: Ruby/DL tutorial

Benjamin Peterson <bjsp123@imap.cc> wrote:

> Would there be any takers if I made a rough English translation of
> the Ruby/DL tutorial at http://ttsky.net/ruby/ruby-dl.html?

I have the japanese PDF, and all I can read in it is the ruby code. A
translation would definitely be welcome to provide some context :)

Speaking of which, is there any way to handle variadic function
generically ? That is, instead of re-fetching the symbol each time with
a different signature ? I guess that this would mean that Ruby/DL would
have to guess how to translate each parameters to their C equivalent and
that there would be some cases where it wouldn't be possible to do it
automatically. Maybe by passing a signature when *calling* the symbol in
some way ? Thoughts ?

--
Luc Heinrich - lucsky@mac.com