Velocity Reviews

-   -   Still use 'ruby-bugs' for Ruby bugs? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t817763-still-use-ruby-bugs-for-ruby-bugs.html)

Josef 'Jupp' Schugt 11-04-2004 09:30 PM

Still use 'ruby-bugs' for Ruby bugs?

Hi!

I am presently rewriting the German edition of the c.l.r FAQ using the
wiki-ish Ruby software 'deplate' (actually this is almost done). En
passent I am checking the validity of all links, thereby finding a
couple of dead links and other issues.

The most prominent problem is that the FAQ still states (quoting the
original FAQ):

> If reporting a bug, please copy (cc:) your post to
> ruby-bugs[ruby-bugs@ruby-lang.org]. This will enter your report into
> the Ruby bug database. You can browse the database
> here[http://www.ruby-lang.org/cgi-bin/ruby-bugs].

While the inexistence of the latter can easily be checked by means of
HTTP, the former would require sending a dummy bug report. Is the above
bug-reporting procedure still usable and if what's the replacement?

Josef 'Jupp' Schugt <jupp(a)gmx(d)de>
--
Messages larger than 100 KiB will be discarded *without* notification!
http://oss.erdfunkstelle.de/ruby/ German ed. of comp.lang.ruby FAQ

Florian Gross 11-04-2004 09:45 PM

Re: Still use 'ruby-bugs' for Ruby bugs?

Josef 'Jupp' Schugt wrote:

>> If reporting a bug, please copy (cc:) your post to
>> ruby-bugs[ruby-bugs@ruby-lang.org]. This will enter your report into
>> the Ruby bug database. You can browse the database
>> here[http://www.ruby-lang.org/cgi-bin/ruby-bugs].

> While the inexistence of the latter can easily be checked by means of
> HTTP, the former would require sending a dummy bug report. Is the above
> bug-reporting procedure still usable and if what's the replacement?

I'm not sure if the above is still valid, but as far as I know the
preferred ways are ruby-core and the new bug tracker on RubyForge:

http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?group_id=426

Tom Copeland 11-04-2004 10:10 PM

Re: Still use 'ruby-bugs' for Ruby bugs?

> I'm not sure if the above is still valid, but as far as I know the
> preferred ways are ruby-core and the new bug tracker on RubyForge:
> http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?group_id=426

Right on. Also, when you file a bug or patch on the RubyForge project,
an email gets sent automatically to ruby-core.

Yours,

Tom