Velocity Reviews

-   -   ri fork problem (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t816803-ri-fork-problem.html)

Joel VanderWerf 09-20-2004 07:35 AM

ri fork problem

Is this just me or is 'ri fork' not being helpful?

$ ruby -v
ruby 1.9.0 (2004-09-10) [i686-linux]
$ ri -T fork
More than one method matched your request. You can refine
your search by asking for information on one of:

Thread::fork, Process::fork, Kernel#fork
$ ri -T Process::fork
---------------------------------------------------------- Process::fork
Process.fork [{ block }] => fixnum or nil
See +Kernel::fork+.

$ ri -T Kernel::fork
Nothing known about Kernel::fork
$ ri -T Kernel#fork
------------------------------------------------------------ Kernel#fork
Process.fork [{ block }] => fixnum or nil
See +Kernel::fork+.

It looks like the problem is a missing 'call-seq' in process.c, for rb_fork.

(Apologies if this has been corrected in the last week.)

Dave Thomas 09-21-2004 03:15 PM

Re: ri fork problem

On Sep 20, 2004, at 2:35, Joel VanderWerf wrote:

> Is this just me or is 'ri fork' not being helpful?

I've added the fork() documentation to the Ruby source trees for 1.8
and 1.9

Cheers

Dave