Velocity Reviews

-   -   Help with Standard Interfaces (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t815056-help-with-standard-interfaces.html)

Sean O'Dell 06-10-2004 04:29 AM

Help with Standard Interfaces

For the celsoft.com/Interface library, I want to provide pre-defined
interfaces for as many standard Ruby classes and objects as possible, and
since I'm hardly the Ruby expert I could use a lot of help.

Which classes and global objects are considered standard? Hash, Array,
String, ENV, etc.

Should mix-in modules also have interfaces, so standard classes and objects
can also be tagged as having those interfaces?

For standard classes/objects, which method patterns should be checked for each
interface? Since they can be tagged with mix-in module interfaces, I think
class interfaces should only have a bare minimum pattern of methods (I.E. for
the hash interface, just [] and []=).

Any help greatly appreciated.

Sean O'Dell