Velocity Reviews

-   -   Phantom folder in path (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t81482-phantom-folder-in-path.html)

tfs 06-27-2004 07:02 AM

Phantom folder in path

My program seems to be coming up with a phantom folder.

The folder doesn't show up until I do my login page from my forms
authentication web.config setup.

Before I get the login pages all my paths look correct. For example:

http://192.168.122.55/contour/VDW/default.asp

After I go the login page the same page looks like this:

http://192.168.122.55/contour/(0vsxt...dw/default.asp

All my pages now have this extra folder (0vsxtf55wzxyqn55c5fdcjnn),
..

What would be causing this?

Thanks,

Tom

http://www.usenet.com

Craig Deelsnyder 06-27-2004 07:11 PM

Re: Phantom folder in path

On 27 Jun 2004 02:02:34 -0500, tfs
<tfs@dslextreme-dot-com.no-spam.invalid> wrote:

> My program seems to be coming up with a phantom folder.
>
> The folder doesn't show up until I do my login page from my forms
> authentication web.config setup.
>
> Before I get the login pages all my paths look correct. For example:
>
> http://192.168.122.55/contour/VDW/default.asp
>
> After I go the login page the same page looks like this:
>
> http://192.168.122.55/contour/(0vsxt...dw/default.asp
>
> All my pages now have this extra folder (0vsxtf55wzxyqn55c5fdcjnn),
> .
>
> What would be causing this?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tom

> http://www.usenet.com

The number is coming from cookieless sessions, which you must have turned
on. This is used to track sessions when cookies aren't to be used. Check
in your web.config, there's a flag (boolean) that turns this on/off.

--
Craig Deelsnyder
Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET

Thomas Scheiderich 06-27-2004 08:20 PM

Re: Phantom folder in path

"Craig Deelsnyder" <cdeelsny@no_spam_4_meyahoo.com> wrote in message
> On 27 Jun 2004 02:02:34 -0500, tfs
> <tfs@dslextreme-dot-com.no-spam.invalid> wrote:
>
> > My program seems to be coming up with a phantom folder.
> >
> > The folder doesn't show up until I do my login page from my forms
> > authentication web.config setup.
> >
> > Before I get the login pages all my paths look correct. For example:
> >
> > http://192.168.122.55/contour/VDW/default.asp
> >
> > After I go the login page the same page looks like this:
> >
> > http://192.168.122.55/contour/(0vsxt...dw/default.asp
> >
> > All my pages now have this extra folder (0vsxtf55wzxyqn55c5fdcjnn),
> > .
> >
> > What would be causing this?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Tom
> >

> > Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
> > ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
> > http://www.usenet.com

> The number is coming from cookieless sessions, which you must have turned
> on. This is used to track sessions when cookies aren't to be used. Check
> in your web.config, there's a flag (boolean) that turns this on/off.

That was it.

Thanks,

Tom

John Saunders 06-27-2004 09:10 PM

Re: Phantom folder in path

"tfs" <tfs@dslextreme-dot-com.no-spam.invalid> wrote in message
> My program seems to be coming up with a phantom folder.
>
> The folder doesn't show up until I do my login page from my forms
> authentication web.config setup.
>
> Before I get the login pages all my paths look correct. For example:
>
> http://192.168.122.55/contour/VDW/default.asp
>
> After I go the login page the same page looks like this:
>
> http://192.168.122.55/contour/(0vsxt...dw/default.asp
>
> All my pages now have this extra folder (0vsxtf55wzxyqn55c5fdcjnn),
> .
>
> What would be causing this?

Cookieless session state.
--