Velocity Reviews

-   -   2004 ICFP Programming Contest Announcement (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t814359-2004-icfp-programming-contest-announcement.html)

Nate Foster 04-27-2004 06:44 PM

2004 ICFP Programming Contest Announcement

Announcing...

The Seventh Annual

ICFP PROGRAMMING CONTEST

4 June - 7 June 2004

http://icfpcontest.org/

Convinced your favorite programming language provides unbeatable
productivity? Convinced you and your friends are world-class
programmers?

If so, we're providing you the opportunity to prove it! We are
pleased to announce the Seventh ICFP Programming Contest to be held in
conjunction with the 2004 International Conference on Functional
Programming (ICFP 2004). All programmers are invited to enter the
contest, either individually or in teams; we especially encourage
students to enter. You may use any programming language (or
combination of languages) to show your skill.

On Friday, 4 June 2004 at 12:00 Noon (EDT), we will publish a
challenge task on the Web site and by e-mail to the contest mailing
list. Teams will have 72 hours until Monday, 7 June 2004, 12:00 Noon
(EDT) to implement a program to perform this task and submit it to the
contest judges. We have designed the contest for direct, head-to-head
comparison of language technology and programming skill. We have a
range of prizes including cash awards and, of course, unlimited
bragging rights for the winners.

For more information about the contest, prizes, and registration,
point your browser to the contest website.

- 2004 ICFP Contest Team
http://icfpcontest.org/

Phil Tomson 04-27-2004 07:38 PM

Re: 2004 ICFP Programming Contest Announcement

In article <Pine.GSO.4.58.0404271444260.20204@red.seas.upenn. edu>,
Nate Foster <jnfoster@seas.upenn.edu> wrote:
>Announcing...
>
>The Seventh Annual
>
> ICFP PROGRAMMING CONTEST
>
> 4 June - 7 June 2004
>
> http://icfpcontest.org/
>
>Convinced your favorite programming language provides unbeatable
>productivity? Convinced you and your friends are world-class
>programmers?
>
>If so, we're providing you the opportunity to prove it! We are
>pleased to announce the Seventh ICFP Programming Contest to be held in
>conjunction with the 2004 International Conference on Functional
>Programming (ICFP 2004). All programmers are invited to enter the
>contest, either individually or in teams; we especially encourage
>students to enter. You may use any programming language (or
>combination of languages) to show your skill.
>
>On Friday, 4 June 2004 at 12:00 Noon (EDT), we will publish a
>challenge task on the Web site and by e-mail to the contest mailing
>list. Teams will have 72 hours until Monday, 7 June 2004, 12:00 Noon
>(EDT) to implement a program to perform this task and submit it to the
>contest judges.

Couldn't they have waited until after the current academic quarter ends?
(June 11 for me; I'd like to participate, but there's just no way... if
only it were 1 week later. :)

Phil

gabriele renzi 04-27-2004 11:32 PM

Re: 2004 ICFP Programming Contest Announcement

il Tue, 27 Apr 2004 14:44:55 -0400, Nate Foster
<jnfoster@seas.upenn.edu> ha scritto::

>Announcing...
>
>The Seventh Annual
>
> ICFP PROGRAMMING CONTEST

and don't forget to look at :
http://www.thekode.net/icfp03/index.html

(notes from the ruby team for icfp of last5 year)