Velocity Reviews

-   -   Problem with Mozilla 1.4 and imap server (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t8137-problem-with-mozilla-1-4-and-imap-server.html)

Mianu 10-02-2003 03:40 PM

Problem with Mozilla 1.4 and imap server

Hello

When I tell Mozilla(1.3.1 or 1.4) to fetch my mails on my email address
via the IMAP server of my ISP, I *always* get a "connection time-out"

When I tell Mozilla to fetch my mails on the same email address via the
POP3 server of my ISP, it works fine...

I can also fetch my mails on the same email address via the same IMAP
server of my ISP, using a different news client (Outlook Express 6)

Anyone can tell me what is wrong with Moz and IMAP servers ??

--
Mianu
-remove NoSpAm to answer me directly-

dantu 10-07-2003 12:06 AM

Re: Problem with Mozilla 1.4 and imap server

Mianu wrote:

> Hello
>
> When I tell Mozilla(1.3.1 or 1.4) to fetch my mails on my email address
> via the IMAP server of my ISP, I *always* get a "connection time-out"
>
> When I tell Mozilla to fetch my mails on the same email address via the
> POP3 server of my ISP, it works fine...
>
> I can also fetch my mails on the same email address via the same IMAP
> server of my ISP, using a different news client (Outlook Express 6)
>
> Anyone can tell me what is wrong with Moz and IMAP servers ??

Mianu

Which ISP? Do they even offer IMAP?