Velocity Reviews

-   -   mozilla and Outlook (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t8136-mozilla-and-outlook.html)

Bacchus 09-30-2003 08:08 PM

mozilla and Outlook

Can someone please tell me how to switch my email program to Outlook in
Mozilla. Everytime I press a link in Mozilla the Moziila email program
comes up and I do not want to use it at all. I want Outlook.

Am I stuck with this? I am sure there is a way.

thanks

Bacchus

Axl 09-30-2003 09:10 PM

Re: mozilla and Outlook

I had the same problem wanting to use thunderbird instead of
mozmail...from what I was told you're stuck with it...get used to
copy/pasting addresses :)

Leonidas Jones 09-30-2003 09:30 PM

Re: mozilla and Outlook

Axl wrote:

> I had the same problem wanting to use thunderbird instead of
> mozmail...from what I was told you're stuck with it...get used to
> copy/pasting addresses :)
>
> Bacchus wrote:
>
>> Can someone please tell me how to switch my email program to Outlook in
>> Mozilla. Everytime I press a link in Mozilla the Moziila email program
>> comes up and I do not want to use it at all. I want Outlook.
>>
>> Am I stuck with this? I am sure there is a way.
>>
>> thanks
>>
>> Bacchus

Can't be done as long as Moz is an ap suite. Mailto links in Moz
browser will open MozMail, hyperlinks in MozMail will open the Moz browser.

Try Firebird. Its standalone and plays nice with default email settings.

Lee

Morten K. Hansen 09-30-2003 09:31 PM

Re: mozilla and Outlook

Den 30-09-2003 23:10, skrev Axl:

> I had the same problem wanting to use thunderbird instead of
> mozmail...from what I was told you're stuck with it...get used to
> copy/pasting addresses :)
>
> Bacchus wrote:
>
>> Can someone please tell me how to switch my email program to Outlook in
>> Mozilla. Everytime I press a link in Mozilla the Moziila email program
>> comes up and I do not want to use it at all. I want Outlook.
>>
>> Am I stuck with this? I am sure there is a way.

As far as I know(havn't tried myself), you are not stuck with it. Try
the tip here: http://www.holgermetzger.de/etips6.html#28

--
Mvh / Regards
Morten K. Hansen http://hansen-winkel.dk/