Velocity Reviews

-   -   [Win32] how to set a system-tray-icon with ruby? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t812945-win32-how-to-set-a-system-tray-icon-with-ruby.html)

torsten 01-04-2004 06:53 PM

[Win32] how to set a system-tray-icon with ruby?

hi!

i am using ruby-1.8.0 on win32 with fxruby and tk. (installed with the
ruby-installer)
i want to set a system-tray-icon via ruby with fxruby and/or win32-api.
i searched the internet but i didn't found a way to do this. (because i
never used the win32-api before and i am not sure if i really need it)
so my question is: how can i set a tray-icon (optional with a
right-click-menue) with ruby and fxruby or win32-api?

thank you!

__
torsten

Emmanuel Touzery 01-05-2004 10:43 AM

Re: [Win32] how to set a system-tray-icon with ruby?

torsten wrote:

>hi!
>
>i am using ruby-1.8.0 on win32 with fxruby and tk. (installed with the
>ruby-installer)
>i want to set a system-tray-icon via ruby with fxruby and/or win32-api.
>i searched the internet but i didn't found a way to do this. (because i
>never used the win32-api before and i am not sure if i really need it)
>so my question is: how can i set a tray-icon (optional with a
>right-click-menue) with ruby and fxruby or win32-api?
>
>thank you!

a google search found:
http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin...uby-talk/81340

also, wxwindows supports system tray stuff (but i only ever looked at
wx/c++, and a while back).

emmanuel