Velocity Reviews

-   -   ML <-> NG gateway is not working (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t811333-ml-ng-gateway-is-not-working.html)

Gavin Sinclair 10-22-2003 10:16 AM

ML <-> NG gateway is not working

Folks,

Guy has mentioned it a couple of times now. The gateway is not
functioning correctly. It appears OK in the ML -> NG direction, but
not the other way around.

I know little about this gateway, other than it's discussed in "The
Ruby Way" with source code included.

Where is it run?

Who looks after it?

If nobody looks after it, can arrangements be made for someone to do
so?

Thanks,
Gavin (from the ML)

Josef 'Jupp' SCHUGT 10-23-2003 01:01 PM

Re: ML <-> NG gateway is not working

Hi!

* Dave Thomas; 2003-10-22, 21:32 UTC:
> The problem is that my ISP just seemed to change NNTP servers, and
> as a result the news posting msg ID sequence got changed. The
> gateway then decided that it didn;t need to send stuff because it
> had already sent that id.

What about using individual.net?

Josef 'Jupp' Schugt

Please take notice of signature! / Bitte Signature beachten!
--
db Wenn sie mir ohne meine Einwilligung geschickt wurde, db
dpqb wird eine E-Mail > 100 kB ungelesen entsorgt dpqb