Velocity Reviews

-   -   Ruby for Perl programmers presentation material (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t810868-ruby-for-perl-programmers-presentation-material.html)

Mike Stok 09-29-2003 06:14 PM

Ruby for Perl programmers presentation material

I have volunteered to give a "Ruby for Perl programmers" presentation
to the Toronto Perl Mongers (see http://to.pm.org) in November (after
returning from the Ruby Conference.)

I knwo that there are a number of presentations listed at
http://www.rubygarden.org/ruby?RubyPresentations, but if anyone has
recently presented to Perl people and has good material or advice then
please let me know.

My finished presentation will be made available, and I will be
contacting various authors of other material for permission to use bits
of their presentations (with the appropriate credits) soon.

Thanks,

Mike

--
mike@stok.co.uk | The "`Stok' disclaimers" apply.
http://www.stok.co.uk/~mike/ | GPG PGP Key 1024D/059913DA

Hal Fulton 09-29-2003 06:35 PM

Re: Ruby for Perl programmers presentation material

Mike Stok wrote:
> I have volunteered to give a "Ruby for Perl programmers" presentation
> to the Toronto Perl Mongers (see http://to.pm.org) in November (after
> returning from the Ruby Conference.)
>
> I knwo that there are a number of presentations listed at
> http://www.rubygarden.org/ruby?RubyPresentations, but if anyone has
> recently presented to Perl people and has good material or advice then
> please let me know.
>
> My finished presentation will be made available, and I will be
> contacting various authors of other material for permission to use bits
> of their presentations (with the appropriate credits) soon.

Mike,

You may be aware of the one I gave last year. It's online at
http://www.rubyhacker.com in one or two forms.

Cheers,
Hal