Best NNTP lib?
I think I've heard of at least four NNTP libraries in Ruby --
two in the RAA, and (I think) another two not therein.
I just want to specify a server and a newsgroup (and another
field or two), and then post a message with an optional
So what's the way to go?
Re: Best NNTP lib?
Hal Fulton <email@example.com> wrote:
> I think I've heard of at least four NNTP libraries in Ruby --
> two in the RAA, and (I think) another two not therein.
The lib by nazgul in RAA contains several bugs:
- sock_disconnect never called (gives a nice out of file
descriptors after ~500 connections in Linux...)
- splitting in article modifies article (AFAIR "empty" lines)
- . at beginning of body text line not handled correctly
- newnews doesn't work with 4 digit year server
- CR+LF vs. LF handling not consistent in all functions
- listgroup misses call parameter forwarding(?)
- sock_readline: select/timeout not pretty
Either a line by line audit or a rewrite from scratch is needed -
I wanted to do the last option for months but never got around
|All times are GMT. The time now is 06:47 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin®. Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.