Velocity Reviews

-   -   Spartan 6 MPMC - more ports? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t808248-spartan-6-mpmc-more-ports.html)

Oliver Mattos 01-20-2012 10:05 PM

Spartan 6 MPMC - more ports?

Hi,

I have a Spartan 6 project with 7 IP cores wanting VFBC connections to a memory controller. My problem is the MPMC configuration tool won't seem to let me do that because the MPMC can't be configured to have that many VFBC connections.

I'm trying to build a picture-in-picture device for HDMI (6 inputs, 1 output).

Is there a way to "chain" memory controllers to achieve this? Alternatively is there a VFBC bus "splitter/arbitrator" to allow me to connect multiple VFBC IO cores to a single MPMC port? I am reasonably certain memory bandwidth will be OK, providing arbitration/buffering is ok.

(I am a bit new to Xilinx EDA tools, and am probably a bit off topic for this group - please be kind!)

Christopher Head 01-26-2012 07:55 AM

Re: Spartan 6 MPMC - more ports?

On Fri, 20 Jan 2012 14:05:41 -0800 (PST)
Oliver Mattos <omattos@gmail.com> wrote:

> (I am a bit new to Xilinx EDA tools, and am probably a bit off topic
> for this group - please be kind!)

You may get better results in comp.arch.fpga as this group is more
intended for language discussions rather than vendor-specific hardware
primitives.

Chris