Velocity Reviews

-   -   G.SKILL Ripjaws-Z 16GB DDR3-1600 Memory (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t808210-g-skill-ripjaws-z-16gb-ddr3-1600-memory.html)

Becky 01-19-2012 06:32 PM

G.SKILL Ripjaws-Z 16GB DDR3-1600 Memory

Benchmark Reviews have published an article looking at the G.SKILL Ripjaws-Z 16GB DDR3-1600 Memory - here's a snippet:

Quote:

"Today Benchmark Reviews tests G.SKILL's "mainstream" DDR3-1600 16GB quad-channel memory kit for Intel's X79 platform.

As our previous reviewshave shown, high frequency memory doesn't bring real world performance improvements high enough to justify its added expense. Enthusiasts who focus on synthetic benchmarks results may be willing to pay the premium, but most of us would be loathe to spend hundreds of dollars extra for something that won't add more than one or two frames per second to our favorite game. That said, we also don't necessarily want to go with the lowest common denominator, either. DDR3-1600Mhz memory seems to be the price-performance sweet spot these days, so let's see how this G.SKILL kit performs."
You can read the full review here.