Velocity Reviews

-   Software (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f6-software.html)
-   -   Looking for ASP.NET Facebook Style one to one Chat for my social media site Ajax base (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t808195-looking-for-asp-net-facebook-style-one-to-one-chat-for-my-social-media-site-ajax-base.html)

JaySMina 01-19-2012 01:50 PM

Looking for ASP.NET Facebook Style one to one Chat for my social media site Ajax base

We have a requirement for a one to one chat from one of our clients for a social media kind of project we are doing. The

problem is that we need it in quick time so i would rather use an already made component that is out there. I do not mind

paying a license fee but it must not be a yearly thing. One time fee is something that we can convince our project lead for.

I have been searching google for the past 4 days and i do not see any components similar to what we need in asp.net. I do see

comet chat for php but we need that in asp.net.

below are some of our main requirements:

1-1 chat Footer placement in bottom right similar to that of facebook and gmail. The ones i can find right now are all chat

room sort of layout which we cannot do. Status to be changes by user. Appear Offline is a must. SQL Server Database. We need

all chat transcripts to be saved until we want to delete/archive them. Group Chat is a plus as we might need that in future

but is not needed right now. But a possibility of having in future would be a good thing.

Any help/suggestions will be highly appreciated.