Velocity Reviews

-   -   [News] Compass: Unlimited Full Speed Broadband (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t806596-news-compass-unlimited-full-speed-broadband.html)

Your Name 12-05-2011 05:22 AM

[News] Compass: Unlimited Full Speed Broadband

I don't know if Compass are any good as an ISP or not, but this was in
today's junk emails (via NZ Post) ...

Live your life unlimited with Compass Mammoth
Why pay extra for the things you love online? At Compass, we
don't think you should, so we've come up with a better deal
for all New Zealanders.

Join Compass Mammoth today and you'll get Full Speed Broadband
with Unlimited Data, a Home Phone Line, and no caps or excess
data charges - all for just $99.95 a month. Incredible.

No Need for a phone line? Naked Mammoth gives you Unlimited
Broadband without a Home Phone Line for only $79.95 a month.

With just 2000 of these plans available in 2011, you'll need
to act fast. Click on the link and get a better deal all round
with Compass Mammoth.

<http://www.compass.net.nz/index.php?option=com_wrapper&view=wrapper&Itemid=1 81>

Frank Williams 12-05-2011 05:41 AM

Re: [News] Compass: Unlimited Full Speed Broadband

On Mon, 05 Dec 2011 18:22:33 +1300, yourname@yourisp.com (Your Name)
wrote:

>I don't know if Compass are any good as an ISP or not, but this was in
>today's junk emails (via NZ Post) ...
>

> Live your life unlimited with Compass Mammoth
> Why pay extra for the things you love online? At Compass, we
> don't think you should, so we've come up with a better deal
> for all New Zealanders.
>
> Join Compass Mammoth today and you'll get Full Speed Broadband
> with Unlimited Data, a Home Phone Line, and no caps or excess
> data charges - all for just $99.95 a month. Incredible.
>
> No Need for a phone line? Naked Mammoth gives you Unlimited
> Broadband without a Home Phone Line for only $79.95 a month.
>
> With just 2000 of these plans available in 2011, you'll need
> to act fast. Click on the link and get a better deal all round
> with Compass Mammoth.
>

><http://www.compass.net.nz/index.php?option=com_wrapper&view=wrapper&Itemid=1 81>

Over charge by some 100% in France they only pay some $40 and get 26
TV channels also.

I think that Slingshot does it for $60

Do more research before you post Crap again..

Stephen Worthington 12-05-2011 06:08 AM

Re: [News] Compass: Unlimited Full Speed Broadband

On Mon, 05 Dec 2011 18:41:04 +1300, Frank Williams
<FWilliams@happy.com.ru> wrote:

>On Mon, 05 Dec 2011 18:22:33 +1300, yourname@yourisp.com (Your Name)
>wrote:
>

>>I don't know if Compass are any good as an ISP or not, but this was in
>>today's junk emails (via NZ Post) ...
>>

>> Live your life unlimited with Compass Mammoth
>> Why pay extra for the things you love online? At Compass, we
>> don't think you should, so we've come up with a better deal
>> for all New Zealanders.
>>
>> Join Compass Mammoth today and you'll get Full Speed Broadband
>> with Unlimited Data, a Home Phone Line, and no caps or excess
>> data charges - all for just $99.95 a month. Incredible.
>>
>> No Need for a phone line? Naked Mammoth gives you Unlimited
>> Broadband without a Home Phone Line for only $79.95 a month.
>>
>> With just 2000 of these plans available in 2011, you'll need
>> to act fast. Click on the link and get a better deal all round
>> with Compass Mammoth.
>>

>><http://www.compass.net.nz/index.php?option=com_wrapper&view=wrapper&Itemid=1 81>

>Over charge by some 100% in France they only pay some $40 and get 26
>TV channels also.
>

>I think that Slingshot does it for $60
>

>Do more research before you post Crap again..

Slingshot will not give good service. They will be doing serious
bandwidth limiting during normal hours. They advertise that they
prioritise traffic. Their offer is for no cap, full speed, but not
what that full speed might actually be. My last experience with them
was so bad that I would never be sucked in by any offer from them
again.

Compass is also offering phone service in that $99.95 price. Without,
it is $79.95. I have never used Compass, but they have a much better
reputation than Slingshot. Even so, they are carefully not saying how
slow it might get at times, and they are very up front that they may
be prioritising traffic.

Your Name 12-05-2011 06:22 AM

Re: [News] Compass: Unlimited Full Speed Broadband

In article <76mod7ld97nep89l7l3db98nvsuvk7884e@4ax.com>, Frank Williams
<FWilliams@happy.com.ru> wrote:
> On Mon, 05 Dec 2011 18:22:33 +1300, yourname@yourisp.com (Your Name)
> wrote:
> >
> >I don't know if Compass are any good as an ISP or not, but this was in
> >today's junk emails (via NZ Post) ...
> >

> > Live your life unlimited with Compass Mammoth
> > Why pay extra for the things you love online? At Compass, we
> > don't think you should, so we've come up with a better deal
> > for all New Zealanders.
> >
> > Join Compass Mammoth today and you'll get Full Speed Broadband
> > with Unlimited Data, a Home Phone Line, and no caps or excess
> > data charges - all for just $99.95 a month. Incredible.
> >
> > No Need for a phone line? Naked Mammoth gives you Unlimited
> > Broadband without a Home Phone Line for only $79.95 a month.
> >
> > With just 2000 of these plans available in 2011, you'll need
> > to act fast. Click on the link and get a better deal all round
> > with Compass Mammoth.
> >

><http://www.compass.net.nz/index.php?option=com_wrapper&view=wrapper&Itemid=1 81>
>

> Over charge by some 100% in France they only pay some $40 and get 26
> TV channels also.
>

> I think that Slingshot does it for $60
>

> Do more research before you post Crap again..

You're a moron. Where did I even remotely say that it was the cheapeest or
best??? I didn't, I simply posted a news item other might be interested
in.

Go away and grow a braincell. :-\

Your Name 12-05-2011 06:29 AM

Re: [News] Compass: Unlimited Full Speed Broadband

In article <senod7599ofob2k0a6esn7hnlavlpbffb6@4ax.com>, Stephen
Worthington <stephen@jsw12.gen34.nz56.remove_numbers> wrote:

> Slingshot will not give good service. They will be doing serious
> bandwidth limiting during normal hours. They advertise that they
> prioritise traffic. Their offer is for no cap, full speed, but not
> what that full speed might actually be. My last experience with them
> was so bad that I would never be sucked in by any offer from them
> again.

I would never use Slingshot - I've never liked the greedy swines who own
it. The one person I know / help who did recently change to them has had
various problems right from signing up. After signing her up for a
promotion, they then claimed she wasn't eligible, then it took three or
four weeks to actually get the connection set-up and working properly
(first the Internet worked, but the phone didn't, then vice-versa, then
neither).

> Compass is also offering phone service in that $99.95 price. Without,
> it is $79.95. I have never used Compass, but they have a much better
> reputation than Slingshot. Even so, they are carefully not saying how
> slow it might get at times, and they are very up front that they may
> be prioritising traffic.

No ISP will give an actual speed figure these days. They all say "full
speed" or "as fast as your line allows". Some of them got burnt giving
speeds figures that simply couldn't be achieve in some places due to
Telecom's hopeless infrastructure, distance from the exchange, etc.

Frank Williams 12-05-2011 08:26 AM

Re: [News] Compass: Unlimited Full Speed Broadband

On Mon, 05 Dec 2011 20:50:25 +1300, Crash McBash
<nogood@dontbother.invalid> wrote:

>On Mon, 05 Dec 2011 18:41:04 +1300, Frank Williams
><FWilliams@happy.com.ru> wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 05 Dec 2011 18:22:33 +1300, yourname@yourisp.com (Your Name)
>>wrote:
>>

>>>I don't know if Compass are any good as an ISP or not, but this was in
>>>today's junk emails (via NZ Post) ...
>>>

>>> Live your life unlimited with Compass Mammoth
>>> Why pay extra for the things you love online? At Compass, we
>>> don't think you should, so we've come up with a better deal
>>> for all New Zealanders.
>>>
>>> Join Compass Mammoth today and you'll get Full Speed Broadband
>>> with Unlimited Data, a Home Phone Line, and no caps or excess
>>> data charges - all for just $99.95 a month. Incredible.
>>>
>>> No Need for a phone line? Naked Mammoth gives you Unlimited
>>> Broadband without a Home Phone Line for only $79.95 a month.
>>>
>>> With just 2000 of these plans available in 2011, you'll need
>>> to act fast. Click on the link and get a better deal all round
>>> with Compass Mammoth.
>>>

>>><http://www.compass.net.nz/index.php?option=com_wrapper&view=wrapper&Itemid=1 81>

>>Over charge by some 100% in France they only pay some $40 and get 26
>>TV channels also.
>>

>>I think that Slingshot does it for $60
>>

>>Do more research before you post Crap again..

>Roger you should check out what the OP said before you jump in with
>such offensive comments. Do you understand the meaning of [News]?
>Obviously not - it means that the OP was quoting text - without any
>endorsement or comment.

Do we need a posting of bad news about a over priced IP, no I don't
think so..

Your Name 12-05-2011 08:14 PM

Re: [News] Compass: Unlimited Full Speed Broadband

In article <mitod71b4l11t6ak4aan1pfroeguq12jk5@4ax.com>, Crash McBash
<nogood@dontbother.invalid> wrote:

> Roger you should check out what the OP said before you jump in with
> such offensive comments. Do you understand the meaning of [News]?
> Obviously not - it means that the OP was quoting text - without any
> endorsement or comment.

You're wasting your time. Roger is just another of the of the MANY 8 year
old morons that infest the Internet who obeys the sticker on their modem
that says: "Switch brain off before use". :-\