Velocity Reviews

-   -   Any compiler without C++11 lambdas? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t806278-any-compiler-without-c-11-lambdas.html)

Lorenzo Caminiti 11-25-2011 01:06 PM

Any compiler without C++11 lambdas?

Hello all,

Do you know any "modern" C++ compilers that does /not/ support C++11
lambda functions?

Do not support:
* Clang
Others?

Support:
* MSVC
* GCC
Others?

Thanks a lot.
--Lorenzo

Andrew Tomazos 11-25-2011 01:33 PM

Re: Any compiler without C++11 lambdas?

http://wiki.apache.org/stdcxx/C++0xCompilerSupport

Jorgen Grahn 11-27-2011 09:34 AM

On Fri, 2011-11-25, Lorenzo Caminiti wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Do you know any "modern" C++ compilers that does /not/ support C++11
> lambda functions?
>
> Do not support:
> * Clang
> Others?
>
> Support:
> * MSVC
> * GCC

Depends on your definition of "modern". The latest stable GCC release
may support it, but the one in my Linux distribution does not.
(Debian stable -- a conservative choice, but not obsolete.)

For important infrastructure like gcc, it can take a year or more for
a new, stable release to trickle down to the end users.

/Jorgen

--
// Jorgen Grahn <grahn@ Oo o. . .
\X/ snipabacken.se> O o .